Ranking the catholic colleges - academics

Re: Ranking the catholic colleges - academics

Postby SJHooper » Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:26 am

The reason SJ is ranked so low is because it specifically targets populations who are not as strong academically but want to give them an opportunity. In many cases, students at SJ are the first in their family to attend college. Lots of students end up going here who would normally never have a shot of getting in many other private schools.

I wish we were like PC or Nova and were not ashamed to target rich white kids. It seems like all SJ cares about is diversity, not standards. Too much diversity and lax admission standards are holding us back.
SJHooper

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby ElDonBDon » Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:55 pm

SJHooper wrote:The reason SJ is ranked so low is because it specifically targets populations who are not as strong academically but want to give them an opportunity. In many cases, students at SJ are the first in their family to attend college. Lots of students end up going here who would normally never have a shot of getting in many other private schools.

I wish we were like PC or Nova and were not ashamed to target rich white kids. It seems like all SJ cares about is diversity, not standards. Too much diversity and lax admission standards are holding us back.

I actually like that St. John's is a down-to-earth school that targets first generation college students. The school is meant to serve the community and that, IMO, is something that St. John's has kept to doing. It's honorable and refreshing to see.
ElDonBDon

Previous

Return to Off Topic