Gun Ownership...?

Gun Ownership?

Poll ended at Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:35 pm

I don't own a gun.
80%
I don't own a gun(s), but i used to.
No votes
I own a gun(s), as collectibles or old family possessions, but never use them.
No votes
I own a gun(s), and use it primarily for target practice.
20%
I own a gun(s), and use it primarily for hunting.
No votes
I own a gun(s), primarily for protection in my home, on my person, etc.
No votes

Total votes : 5

Gun Ownership...?

Postby billyjack » Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:35 pm

This discussion came up at work, about gun ownership. We're kind of a homogenous group of southern New Englanders, and only 1 out of 18 people in the office owns a gun (and he has them because they were handed down from his late grandfather, who lived out West, but he doesn't now use them).

I was curious to know how many Holy Land members currently own a gun or guns.

I've never owned one, and neither did my parents or grandparents, nor my uncles. Of course, there's not a lot of hunting grounds here in Rhode Island.
Providence
billyjack

Gun Ownership...?

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Gun Ownership...?

Postby ArmyVet » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:14 am

I have no issue with gun ownership but there is literally no explanation why someone - anyone - should possess an automatic rifle. None.
ArmyVet

Postby billyjack » Sat May 19, 2018 7:50 am

ArmyVet wrote:I have no issue with gun ownership but there is literally no explanation why someone - anyone - should possess an automatic rifle. None.

Totally agree armyvet.
Providence
billyjack

Postby ArmyVet » Mon May 21, 2018 8:09 am

Another tragedy. So sad.
ArmyVet

Postby SJU1987 » Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:30 pm

ArmyVet wrote:I have no issue with gun ownership but there is literally no explanation why someone - anyone - should possess an automatic rifle. None.

Nobody owns an automatic rifle unless they get a special permit from the ATF. Semi automatic guns are not automatic.
I live on Long Island and have a summer home and 11 acres near Syracuse. I hunt turkey and deer there. I'd live on a farm if I didn't like saltwater fishing so much.
I own about 40 guns. I'm mostly a collector of WW 1, WW2 , Vietnam , Civil war guns ( replicas). I own an M1 Garand ( the famous WW2 American rifle ) an AR 15 ( Civilian M16) , a US military 45 pistol, a WW2 Japanese rifle, 2 WW 2 German mausers , 9 British Lee Enfield rifles , 3 shotguns for turkey hunting and deer rifles. Guns are a work of art and are fun to shoot. I go skeet shooting with my shotguns and shoot my pistols at the county rifle range on LI. Shooting black powder civil war rifles is my favorite. My ancestor was a 1st Lt. in the 90th Illinois during the Civil war and fought in Mississippi in 1862. Got a replica Civil war musket that was the gun used in my civil war ancestors regiment in a real battle with Confederates. Incredible feeling shooting the same gun my ancestor ordered used .My connections with American history are deep. Crazy anybody wouldn't wanna own an M1 Garand. The best rifle ever made. I'm a history buff and guns are history. Those WW 2 German rifles were used on the Eastern front against the Russians and were captured by them.The Japanese rifle was captured on the battlefield by a US soldier and brought home. On the barrel it has the stamp of the Japanese Emperor .When the Japanese surrendered in August 1945 the Japanese army ordered all the Emperor stamps had to be removed from surrendered guns because it would have shamed the Emperor. Some guns were smuggled out by US soldiers.Full of history and great money investments. I'm a responsible gun owner who has all my guns locked up. None of my guns are lying around the house loaded.The 2nd amendment protects all the other amendments.
SJU1987

Postby ArmyVet » Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:13 am

ArmyVet wrote:Another tragedy. So sad.

Bump.
ArmyVet

Postby robbo1010 » Mon Oct 03, 2022 4:33 am

well 11 dead in a school shooting in russia. so it is not only a US thing, unless this is a new tactic for war in russia by some US rogue agent
robbo1010

Return to Off Topic