Best Team in C7 Right Now

The home for Big East hoops

Postby vu97 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:51 pm

I know if is more entertaining to talk about the formation of the new league. But I thought it would be fun to talk about the basketball that were are seeing right now among the C7. The Week 9 Power Rankings are out.

http://www.benation.com/week-9-catholic ... -rankings/

It is really hard to choose the best team but I guess it is Marquette. After all they did beat Georgetown. Do you guys think Georgetown is a better team. They may go further in the tournament.

Also, who is the worst team. I think it is a toss up between Providence and DePaul with Seton Hall not too far behind.
vu97

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Best Team in C7 Right Now

Postby Peter » Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:13 pm

Not a great year for many of these teams. Technically they are not in but I'd take Creighton or Butler.
Peter

Postby vu97 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:32 pm

I would definitely agree with that. I think Butler is the best followed by Creighton then a toss up b/n Gtown and Marquette. I think Nova and St. Johns will be good next year and really good the year after (which will probably be the 1st year of new conference). Providence should be better next year as well (still not good though)
vu97

Postby Marq05 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:51 pm

Marquette is going to be a Beast the next couple of years. Top ten class coming in next year. This is our down year. Nonetheless, we'll still make the tournament. I think Georgetown is the best of the 7, if they can find a way to score.
Marq05

Postby admin » Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:37 am

Tough loss for the Hoyas last night to Pitt.
admin
Site Admin

Postby jsheim » Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:06 pm

Marq05 wrote:Marquette is going to be a Beast the next couple of years. Top ten class coming in next year. This is our down year. Nonetheless, we'll still make the tournament. I think Georgetown is the best of the 7, if they can find a way to score.

I am a Marquette fan...but I agree, not Marquette this year. They are maximizing their talent by winning close games...but I think 20 wins and in the tourney is their ceiling this year. They will hit it...but just barely.

The FLA game was telling. Marq was away and not playing well and FLA was good....but 30 points tell you we're not ready for prime-time.

Yes, next year will be interesting...its always a turnover at Marq though....who knows.
jsheim

Postby BillikensWin » Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:44 pm

I would have to agree with earlier posts that said Butler.
Very solid team all the way around.
BillikensWin

Return to Big East basketball message board