why a-10 talk on a big east board?

The home for Big East hoops

Re: why a-10 talk on a big east board?

Postby Muskie » Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:14 am

tman wrote:I think the folks here in Dayton are looking ahead.
There is talk that X will block Dayton.
Marquette is not on board.
yaddy yadda yadda...ETC ect ect ect.
Is just doesn't have a good feel.

And at this point if you have nothing else, at least have your dignity.

If I were king , and if Dayton is still getting consideration at this time or anytime in the hear future,I would tell the big east thanks but no thanks.

If the big east were serious about students atheltes, as dayton is (100 percent graduation rates) (at the top nationally ) they wouldn't have kids hoping across the country to play softball.

Creighton is, was, a mistake.
You can't pretend to care about students and then for the sake of a few dollars--ask them to travel 1000 miles for a soccer match.

Good luck but I would prefere that the U of Dayton do business with like minded U''s.
I want to be in a conference that believes in us and the things we are doing.

FYI it's 1,113 miles from the University of Rhode Island to Saint Louis University. (According to Google Maps) The A-10 isn't geographically compact either as Xavier/UD/SLU fans already know.

Meanwhile UD would travel 748 miles to play Creighton (they already travel approximately 769 miles to play in Rhode Island). So I guess it's ok for the Academic and Athlete Friendly A-10 to ask Rhode Island students to travel 1100 miles for Soccer, but not the Big East?
Muskie

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby X- Marks the Top » Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:49 am

T-man or whatever you say. I could understand your point to a degree if your facts were facts. You got left out and your team is most likely not getting in. Other posts on this thread have proved your facts as false. Your upset dayton wasn't picked. Yes you guys fill up your arena great for you. But the point here is the big east doesn't want to be mediocre like the atlantic ten has been. Lets be real, if it wasn't for X and temple the atlantic ten wouldn't have been as good as the caa.
Every point you pushed was idiotic. I bet if I found some of your old posts on some of the dayton flyer boards before the announcement you were begging to get in the big east. Lets be honest, we need no more bottom feeders. You guys have like what, one NCAA win in twenty years or something. Shoot, fgcu has more than that this year. I know your about to say you match up well with DePaul, seton hall or whoever. The difference is they were already in the big east.

My opinion it makes absolutely no sense to put you in the new league for a couple reasons. First to close to Cincy, we want everyone to get great recruits, X is already competing with ohio state and UC in our state. Plus creighton expands the landscape of the league with a better program than dayton. The only real reason to have you in is yes, you are a nice rivalry with X. But hey I don't make the decisions if they want you in, you will be in, no way you take your dignity and say no thanks. Not one of the schools added, creighton , X, Butler, do you have any case saying you should have been in over one of us. Get real!!!! Maybe X does want to block dayton, good smart move in my opinion, not just for X but for the league in a whole. Not to mention I believe dayton did something similar in the early 90's to X with the move to great Midwest.

Back to the why do we post about the atlantic ten? Are you serious or just that big of a douche bag. We will probably take one more at least from the atlantic ten. Duh!!!!! Bet you go to your a ten boards or dayton cryer message boards and you find a few topics regarding the big east. That's because everything going on is relevant to us as basketball fans, it's all connected. That was a horrible post. I bet your boards over there can't stand you either. That was pathetic.

Pathetic, is how I lowered myself on a message board none the less to your standards. I'm gonna say it and I'm going to get drilled on here by fellow X fans, and I don't care I really want to say it. Take your thread and head back to gem city and

"ZIP IT UP" !!!!!!!! :lol:
X-fan since birth!!!!!
X- Marks the Top

Postby yorost » Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:00 am

For the record, Dayton does not match up that well with DePaul or Seton Hall. They've been stronger in the last few years, but DePaul has more success and Seton Hall's tournament successes are all more recent than Dayton's. No question both are on downs, but it happens to every program and produces really harsh results in a strong conference.
yorost

Previous

Return to Big East basketball message board