SLU - coaching job question

The home for Big East hoops

Re: SLU - coaching job question

Postby BillEsq » Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:34 pm

BillikensWin wrote:
ArmyVet wrote:Crews will have interim tag removed per reports.

Yeah, when Father Biondi feels like it.

A lot more into it than just the whims of a school president, as far as any official announcement they will try to time it around Cards Opening day and the Final Four / Easter. Plus apparently there was some minor work on details being done by Crew's agent. There are i's to be dotted and t's to cross. Since Crews is already in place there is no urgency to name him so he can take over the team. My guess is an announcement midweek next week or around the final four.
BillEsq

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby BillikensWin » Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:37 pm

BillEsq wrote:
BillikensWin wrote:
ArmyVet wrote:Crews will have interim tag removed per reports.

Yeah, when Father Biondi feels like it.

A lot more into it than just the whims of a school president, as far as any official announcement they will try to time it around Cards Opening day and the Final Four / Easter. Plus apparently there was some minor work on details being done by Crew's agent. There are i's to be dotted and t's to cross. Since Crews is already in place there is no urgency to name him so he can take over the team. My guess is an announcement midweek next week or around the final four.

Nah, it's when Biondi gets off his backside.

Where was he for the A-10 tourney and the games in San Jose? In freakin' Asia. That tells me all I need to know about his commitment to his program.
Saint Louis University: Proud Members of the Big Atlantic Valley Conference
BillikensWin

Postby BillEsq » Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:25 pm

If there is anyone among the powers that be who read this site... please include SLU, its driving their fanbase nuts and potentially potentially opening up the new conference to claims of negligent infliction of emotional distress.

:lol:
(win don't worry just because things aren't happening at internet speed doesn't mean its any body in particular's fault)
BillEsq

Postby BillikensWin » Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:46 pm

At least I told you why :)
BillikensWin

Postby BillikensWin » Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:14 pm

Coach Crews wins the NABC Coach of the Year honors as well as the Sporting News award.
BillikensWin

Postby BillikensWin » Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:40 pm

SLU message board reporting that Fr. Biondi's brother passed away recently. I don't know if it happened while he was in Asia, but it was brought up last night.
BillikensWin

Postby DumpsterFireA10 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:18 pm

Even Joe Strauss (former Cards beat writer, current columnist) and Ben Weixlmann (scout.com Billikens writer) are starting to question the delay. Well, Rome wasn't built in a day, and there are recruits coming in/signing. So I assume Jim Crews is the head coach.
Big East Basketball is what it's always been. Great competition nightly.
If the Atlantic 10 didn't suck, why is everyone looking for the exits?
There is a reason why the A-10 left a team in the Central Time Zone...SLU, your move.
DumpsterFireA10

Postby BillEsq » Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:45 pm

DumpsterFireA10 wrote:Even Joe Strauss (former Cards beat writer, current columnist) and Ben Weixlmann (scout.com Billikens writer) are starting to question the delay. Well, Rome wasn't built in a day, and there are recruits coming in/signing. So I assume Jim Crews is the head coach.

Crews and the staff are out running the show... so you can say its unofficially official that crews now longer the interim coach. My guess is that they are working on some of the details of the contract. I worked on many a contract and sometimes its the most bizzare things that hold em up. Since Crews is effectively still the head coach and it doesn't seem to be having any effect on recruiting, there is no real need to make it official. hell maybe he will just stay on as the interim head coach.
BillEsq

Postby DumpsterFireA10 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:07 pm

BillEsq wrote:
DumpsterFireA10 wrote:Even Joe Strauss (former Cards beat writer, current columnist) and Ben Weixlmann (scout.com Billikens writer) are starting to question the delay. Well, Rome wasn't built in a day, and there are recruits coming in/signing. So I assume Jim Crews is the head coach.

Crews and the staff are out running the show... so you can say its unofficially official that crews now longer the interim coach. My guess is that they are working on some of the details of the contract. I worked on many a contract and sometimes its the most bizzare things that hold em up. Since Crews is effectively still the head coach and it doesn't seem to be having any effect on recruiting, there is no real need to make it official. hell maybe he will just stay on as the interim head coach.

The permanent Interim Head coach?
Big East Basketball is what it's always been. Great competition nightly.
If the Atlantic 10 didn't suck, why is everyone looking for the exits?
There is a reason why the A-10 left a team in the Central Time Zone...SLU, your move.
DumpsterFireA10

Postby MUSeashells&Balloons » Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:36 am

Crews looks official at St. Louis they are dropping interim title: http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketb ... head-coach
Coach Al Mcguire:
"I like seashells and balloons, ribbons and medals, bare feet and wet grass."
"When I'm losing, they call me nuts. When I'm winning, they call me eccentric."
"Queen of victory, pray for us."
MUSeashells&Balloons

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board