UConn women headed to the final 4!

The home for Big East hoops

Re: UConn women headed to the final 4!

Postby billyjack » Sat Apr 06, 2024 11:20 am

We've had discussions here a lot about end of game whistles, or no whistles... Big East teams always seem to get the shaft, in both directions, in both major and minor examples.

Trivia: name the last Big East team to get a favorable whistle under 5 seconds. I honestly can't think of one.

- 89 Seton Hall.
- 23 Creighton.

closer to home and minor:
- K-State hammered Carter in the Bahamas last November.
- TCU hit a 3 out of bounds at Georgetown.
- even Big East-esque teams get shafted-- 2017 Gonzaga, UNC Kendrick Meeks lying out of bounds... then Texas Tech scoring a key bucket late vs Gonzaga after the former St John's guy "saved a ball in bounds" near his bench setting up a key score.
- PC hosted Texas on Rick Barnes's return to the Dunk after 10 years... Texas hit a shot after the buzzer to win or send to overtime.

I'm too tired to think, but please come up with an example. 89 Georgetown beat Princeton and people bitched that there couldve been a foul?

I seriously can't remember a non-conference game favoring a Big East team. We as a conference usually have to win by 10+.
Providence
billyjack

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby kayako » Sat Apr 06, 2024 11:40 am

billyjack wrote:We've had discussions here a lot about end of game whistles, or no whistles... Big East teams always seem to get the shaft, in both directions, in both major and minor examples.

Trivia: name the last Big East team to get a favorable whistle under 5 seconds. I honestly can't think of one.

- 89 Seton Hall.
- 23 Creighton.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPvhOkEVmm0
supernova
kayako

Postby stever20 » Sat Apr 06, 2024 11:43 am

billyjack wrote:We've had discussions here a lot about end of game whistles, or no whistles... Big East teams always seem to get the shaft, in both directions, in both major and minor examples.

- 89 Seton Hall.
- 23 Creighton.

closer to home and minor:
- K-State hammered Carter in the Bahamas last November.
- TCU hit a 3 out of bounds at Georgetown.
- even Big East-esque teams get shafted-- 2017 Gonzaga, UNC Kendrick Meeks lying out of bounds... then Texas Tech scoring a key bucket late vs Gonzaga after the former St John's guy "saved a ball in bounds" near his bench setting up a key score.
- PC hosted Texas on Rick Barnes's return to the Dunk after 10 years... Texas hit a shot after the buzzer to win or send to overtime.

I'm too tired to think, but please come up with an example. 89 Georgetown beat Princeton and people bitched that there couldve been a foul?

I seriously can't remember a non-conference game favoring a Big East team. We as a conference usually have to win by 10+.

I remember there was a game a few years ago with St John's vs VCU in a MTE tourney where St John's got the benefit.
stever20

Postby Husky_U » Sat Apr 06, 2024 12:35 pm

The result sucks, but the team overachieved on the season given all the injuries. We'll get healthy, Paige is returning, & we just secured a commitment from the #1 2024 recruit this morning. Back with a vengeance for 24-25.

Husky_U

Postby stever20 » Sat Apr 06, 2024 12:40 pm

Husky_U wrote:The result sucks, but the team overachieved on the season given all the injuries. We'll get healthy, Paige is returning, & we just secured a commitment from the #1 2024 recruit this morning. Back with a vengeance for 24-25.

What did I see, 3 top 20 recruits for you guys this year now?
stever20

Postby stever20 » Sat Apr 06, 2024 4:05 pm

game drew an incredible 14.2 million viewers. Will the UConn men have that many viewers tonight?
stever20

Postby billyjack » Sat Apr 06, 2024 4:52 pm

kayako wrote:

- 89 Seton Hall.
- 23 Creighton.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPvhOkEVmm0

Great example kayako.

I just thought of Xavier vs Florida State, where Macura made an incredible clean block from behind on a fast break, but got whistled for his 5th foul.
Providence
billyjack

Postby Husky_U » Sun Apr 07, 2024 6:20 am

stever20 wrote:
What did I see, 3 top 20 recruits for you guys this year now?

Ya, #1, #4, #18.
Husky_U

Previous

Return to Big East basketball message board