NCAA Tournament - Creighton vs Tennessee - 8:59ET on TBS

The home for Big East hoops

Re: NCAA Tournament - Creighton vs Tennessee - 8:59ET on TBS

Postby billyjack » Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:25 pm

Referee-ing was comical. DePaul would be National Champs if allowed to foul on defense like that. Tenn guy did a cartwheel on Kalkbrenner with no whistle among other sh-t. If refs did shit like this to UConn, Hurley would lose his mind.

Also p-ssed me off that announcers were sucking Tennessee's c-cks. Lappas is the dumbest human on the planet, and makes Rocky Balboa sound like a Rhodes Scholar.

I have a bunch of other sh-t to say, but it's after midnight over here, so i'll shut up now.
I'll just say that Rick Barnes is a class guy.
Providence
billyjack

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Omaha1 » Sat Mar 30, 2024 6:54 am

Rough way for the season to end. Not sure where to place blame and I’ll try not to focus on college kids, but it’s wasn’t the best day Trey ever had.

Three S16’s in four years is an incredible accomplishment, but this group will leave CU always wondering “what if?”.
Nebraska by birth, Creighton by choice.
Omaha1

Postby Savannah Jay » Mon Apr 01, 2024 9:49 am

billyjack wrote:Referee-ing was comical. DePaul would be National Champs if allowed to foul on defense like that. Tenn guy did a cartwheel on Kalkbrenner with no whistle among other sh-t. If refs did shit like this to UConn, Hurley would lose his mind.

Also p-ssed me off that announcers were sucking Tennessee's c-cks. Lappas is the dumbest human on the planet, and makes Rocky Balboa sound like a Rhodes Scholar.

I have a bunch of other sh-t to say, but it's after midnight over here, so i'll shut up now.

Amen...somehow, the same "physical defense" that led to only 14 fouls on Tennessee vs Creighton became 25 fouls against Purdue. The same muggings of Kalkbrenner in the name of physical defense became fouls against Edey. Edey shot 22 free throws. 22. Kalk shot 3, the whole team shot 13 (and made 12). This is the second year in a row we lost in NCAAT to a team that played tackle basketball.

And I like Barnes, too. I enjoy the fact that he is successful at Tennessee after Texas sent him packing and Texas hasn't really been relevant since he left.
Savannah Jay

Postby billyjack » Mon Apr 01, 2024 2:00 pm

Savannah Jay wrote:
billyjack wrote:Referee-ing was comical. DePaul would be National Champs if allowed to foul on defense like that. Tenn guy did a cartwheel on Kalkbrenner with no whistle among other sh-t. If refs did shit like this to UConn, Hurley would lose his mind.

Amen...somehow, the same "physical defense" that led to only 14 fouls on Tennessee vs Creighton became 25 fouls against Purdue. The same muggings of Kalkbrenner in the name of physical defense became fouls against Edey. Edey shot 22 free throws. 22. Kalk shot 3, the whole team shot 13 (and made 12). This is the second year in a row we lost in NCAAT to a team that played tackle basketball.

And I like Barnes, too. I enjoy the fact that he is successful at Tennessee after Texas sent him packing and Texas hasn't really been relevant since he left.

Totally correct Savannah.

Couple more general thoughts...

- Tennessee defenders, especially the guards, had their arms extended straight out, in contact with and/or holding Creighton guards. For basic movement by the Jays, they had to get unstuck from these a-holes who were restricting their movement without getting whistled. If they were allowing that on both sides i could maybe accept it, but the zebras favored Tennessee.

- great comment on Kalkbrenner getting only 3 free throws. It absolutely caused Kalk to make a couple of uncharacteristic decisions in the 2nd half-- when he drove close to the rim but kicked it out, and when he made that diagonal pass that got picked off by Tennessee. The refs shitty work caused those decisions by Kalkbrenner.

- Edey--> i've never seen a 3-second call against him, despite how he parks his ass in the lane forever, all the time-- so when Purdue misses shots, Edey is always camped under the rim for putbacks. Clingan in comparison however does not stay in the lane.

- Lappas is seriously the dumbest POS ever. Among dumb shit he said was that "Creighton isn't used to this type of physicality in the Big East"... ok buddy... geez what a clown.

- Lost in the absolute annihilation by UConn over c-cky Illinois, with the satisfying post-coital-esque 30-0 run, was how none of these dipshit announcers mentioned champion Villanova in the 2016 Final Four beating Oklahoma by 44 points. Not even Jay Wright himself mentioned it from what i saw.

- Pretty obvious the announcers and the NCAA were cheering for the football schools overall. Lappas and the idiot play by play guy werent even disguising it. Total Tennessee fans. Auburn loses and the football world is in tears. I would say it's a Southern bias, but with fuckin Purdue we also have to cry for them, cuz they lost to Fairleigh D-ckinson last year.

- Stan Van Gundy, who i've grown to dislike, and that Boston crew (Kevin Harlan maybe?) were announcing like it was an NBA game. Very little emotion, especially compared to other games. Like, this UConn 30-0 run was unprecedented, like the 1986 Celtics.

- Amazingly, the presence of Duke in the Elite 8 didnt piss me off which i have to attribute to Coach K being gone.

- Zach Edey calling out Rick Barnes for not recruiting him was in horrible taste, and was a low class move. Edey acting like Barnes and the basketball world overlooked him? Fvcking guy plays in the Big Ten.

- Expanding on what Sju mentioned-- going into the NCAA each year i hope to come away with 2 things at a minimum... (1) no other conference gets 3 teams in the Final Four, and... (2) the Big Ten continues its drought of no national champion since 2000.
Providence
billyjack

Previous

Return to Big East basketball message board