NCAA Selection Thread

The home for Big East hoops

Re: NCAA Selection Thread

Postby Hall2012 » Sun Mar 17, 2024 8:20 pm

Good luck to the three that are in. This may be the most important NCAA tournament in Big East history. We need all 3 in the final four and 2 in the final or the league may never get respect from the committee again.

Either that or we need all 3 to go 1 and done so the P5 no longer feel threatened by us and try to limit our participation.
Seton Hall Pirates
Big East Tournament Champions: 1991, 1993, 2016
Big East Regular Season Champions: 1992, 1993, 2020
Hall2012

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby kmacker69 » Sun Mar 17, 2024 9:00 pm

All but St John's and the bottom feeders are playing in the NIT. So we good but not worthy is what they continue with the NIT :lol:
Lets go Dawgs!
kmacker69

Postby jfan » Sun Mar 17, 2024 9:11 pm

As a league we need to figure out what happened and try to work our schedules accordingly. Seton Hall at 13-7 in the league should normally be a no brainer. The problem was they didn't beat anyone of note in the out of conference and lost to everyone with a Net of 103 or lower. Except for the unusual year for bid stealing, they would have been in the Tournament. I don't subscribe to the conspiracy theorists on this. I just think it was bad timing and bad luck. We did end up with 3 of the top 10 seeds, so there is that as a positive. Now everyone has to perform. Wish St Johns had accepted a NIT bid, but understand the thinking.
CREIGHTON
jfan

Postby Vertigo » Sun Mar 17, 2024 9:12 pm

The MWC receives 6 bids, who traditionally shit the bed every year (excluding 2023 SDSU) while the Big East who racked in 15 tournament units last march, get only three spots?

What’s even more pathetic is the committee put a 14 loss MSU and Texas A&M comfortably in the field
Vertigo

Postby sju88grad » Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:00 pm

Vertigo wrote:The MWC receives 6 bids, who traditionally shit the bed every year (excluding 2023 SDSU) while the Big East who racked in 15 tournament units last march, get only three spots?

What’s even more pathetic is the committee put a 14 loss MSU and Texas A&M comfortably in the field

Agreed. And the UVA inclusion is infuriating……
sju88grad

Postby Xudash » Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:32 pm

sju88grad wrote:
Vertigo wrote:The MWC receives 6 bids, who traditionally shit the bed every year (excluding 2023 SDSU) while the Big East who racked in 15 tournament units last march, get only three spots?

I’m sorry you guys missed it. Total travesty.
XAVIER
Xudash

Postby REDMEN1415 » Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:45 pm

sju88grad wrote:

and TCU?????????????

We wasn't even close to getting in. Hell we wasn't even the last 4 out, but Indiana with a shitty ooc schedule was??? hmmmm there's something not right.
REDMEN1415

Postby aughnanure » Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:28 pm

Big XII has been widely considered the top conference the last 3-5 years or so. They did a round robin until this year. It’s not the round robin, it’s historically bad DePaul and Georgetown and an insanely deep bubble and the most bid stealers ever.
“All men dream; but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act out their dreams with open eyes to make it possible”
aughnanure

Postby Omaha1 » Mon Mar 18, 2024 6:20 am

Would be nice if the Big East swept through this week’s games and was 6-0 heading into Sweet 16.
Nebraska by birth, Creighton by choice.
Omaha1

Postby sju88grad » Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:04 am

Xudash wrote:
sju88grad wrote:

I’m sorry you guys missed it. Total travesty.

Thanks Dash…..if I look at it objectively, I think Seton Hall had a stronger case than SJU…..they beat UConn, Marquette, swept SJU and had 13 conference wins!!…..it’s just absurd…..

years ago, they used to place emphasis on a team’s last 10 games…..that criteria would have helped SJU this year……that’s what bums me out the most…..I really thought SJU was playing good basketball right now and it would have been fun to see how far they could go……
sju88grad

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board