LaSalle

The home for Big East hoops

LaSalle

Postby BillEsq » Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:19 pm

So... if La Salle goes to the final four are they a surprise candidate?

LOL i know they don't but since i went to a Christian Brothers high school i figured i'd give them some love. After all St. Joseph's has a multi-page thread and all they did was earn a first round NIT loss.
BillEsq

LaSalle

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: LaSalle

Postby Masterofreality » Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:03 pm

They've already surpassed Dayton's resume as a candidate.

Problem is they play in a garage that barely has seats or heat. It took them 20 years to adjust from the MAAC to the A10. Can't give them that much adjustment time now.

Pass.
Masterofreality

Postby BillEsq » Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:26 pm

Masterofreality wrote:They've already surpassed Dayton's resume as a candidate.

Problem is they play in a garage that barely has seats or heat. It took them 20 years to adjust from the MAAC to the A10. Can't give them that much adjustment time now.

Pass.

I started this thread as a not so subtle satire of the fact that this board has a 7 page St. Josephs page. I don't know why you can't just say kudos to LaSalle and laugh at ourselves for the 60 plus posts we wasted on St. Josephs. (who like LaSalle is another Big 5 school who is not going BE). If i would have thought cheap shots at contender schools would have resulted by posting this i wouldn't have started this thread. (yes i know your going to say well i was just being sarcastic... but seriously that is the kinda comment that on here devolves into another thread killed by Dayton and Xavier fans bashing each other... It gets old.... some times just give congrats and laugh at the obvious without bashing your neighbor)
BillEsq

Postby Masterofreality » Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:28 pm

No, actually, props to LaSalle for what has been accomplished, but take this as a cheap shot or not, but their facilities are worse than high schools in Indiana. No one with loosely can be calld an "arena" that barely has a reported 4,000 seats is going to get an invite. Dr. John has overcome some severe obstacles in making that program competitive.

Yes, I know that they could try to use another building in Philly, but that puts them in the same boat as DePaul.

It's a moot point because there is no way that 'Nova will share Philadelphia, nor should they.
Masterofreality

Return to Big East basketball message board