Two Funny Stories w MQ-PC Game, and One w St John's...

The home for Big East hoops

Postby billyjack » Fri Mar 01, 2024 1:06 pm

This is old news, but two funny things came out of the Marquette blow-out win over Providence... another one after the St John's v Butler game:

1. Some Twitter account guy, in an obvious lie, wrote that Tyler Kolek was suspended for flunking 3 classes. An actual Marquette admin person then decided to respond for some reason, tweeting that Kolek's grades are fine.

Barstool sports then had a great response to this exchange:

From Barstool: "Everyone always wants to talk about what team being relevant makes college basketball better, and yeah the obvious big names are right. But it's the Big East that makes college basketball better. They have the most insane collective fanbase on social media. They have the names in the league. They have the coaching personalities. They have stupid things like this, that Tyler Kolek can't read and compliance officers tweeting about it. Can't wait for the Garden."

2. An old Marquette fan decided to post on the Friars Scout site that PC was dirty on multiple plays vs MU. He titled his thread "I Come In Peace" lol, then took a dump on our program, hating on Oduro and 98-lb Ticket Gaines. A Friar poster compared the Marquette guy's post to "I come in peace, but your mother's a slut", lol.

https://247sports.com/college/providenc ... 17/?page=1

3. After the St John's win at Butler, in the postgame presser, Pitino said it was due to "lateral quickness"... and he, Jenkins and Ledlum.all cracked up laughing. (Pitino is his recent rant complained about the Johnnies' lack of lateral quickness).

Anyway, thought these were funny. I wish i knew more of the background.
Providence
billyjack

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Two Funny Stories After the Marquette vs Providence Game

Postby SJUBBALL » Fri Mar 01, 2024 3:10 pm

One time in my life did I go to the providence board to talk shit. It was before a St. Johns Providence game in the Big East Tournament.

The johnnies were coming in hot so I thought for sure we were winning. I was talking like a mad man on the friar board.

Anyways, here is the game that ended up happening days later. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VZBXYOcB7c

The fast break that takes place 3:35 into this video still haunts me in my nightmares. Providence went on to win the entire Big East Tournament this year, and we could have had them in the Quarters if we just executed a simple fast break with a numbers advantage.

I remember logging back onto the Friar board after the game just to see what was deservedly being thrown my way. The first comment I saw was "Hey SJUFan, how does my a** taste?" I closed out the tab and never logged onto that board ever again :lol:

Anyways, the moral of the story is, don't go onto opposing fans message boards to talk shit or complain about refs lol. Karma will come for you eventually.
SJUBBALL

Re: Two Funny Stories After the Marquette vs Providence Game

Postby billyjack » Fri Mar 01, 2024 4:03 pm

That's a great story SJU.
Crazy that those highlights are from 10 years ago.

I should also have included a 3rd story from this week... in the postgame presser after St John's win at Butler, Pitino opened by saying it was due to the Johnnies "lateral quickness" (which he ranted about a few games ago), lol. Then Jenkins and Ledlum and Pitino all burst out laughing.
Providence
billyjack

Return to Big East basketball message board