ALL BIG EAST Discussion

The home for Big East hoops

ALL BIG EAST Discussion

Postby Xuperman » Thu Feb 08, 2024 7:24 am

Ok, Kolek is a given 1st teamer, but after that a large group of guys are worthy. I will give it an early go.

Carter POY
Kolek
Olavari
Spencer
Scheierman
Kalkbrenner

Why not Carter? Nobody in the country plays harder than that guy. His stats are phenomenal. Last night was epic.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-baske ... vin-carter

If PC can prove me wrong and win 5-6 more, without Hopkins, I like his chances.
Wisdom is what you get 5 seconds after you needed it.
Xuperman

ALL BIG EAST Discussion

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: ALL BIG EAST Discussion

Postby Omaha1 » Thu Feb 08, 2024 7:33 am

No way on Kalkbrenner.
Nebraska by birth, Creighton by choice.
Omaha1

Postby Xuperman » Thu Feb 08, 2024 7:56 am

Omaha1 wrote:No way on Kalkbrenner.

What's up Omaha? He's gonna receive strong consideration for another DPOY. On pace to have career highs in points, boards and blocks. Depending on how you guys finish, it would seem he is a given.
Wisdom is what you get 5 seconds after you needed it.
Xuperman

Postby Omaha1 » Thu Feb 08, 2024 10:02 am

Xuperman wrote:

What's up Omaha? He's gonna receive strong consideration for another DPOY. On pace to have career highs in points, boards and blocks. Depending on how you guys finish, it would seem he is a given.

Dude just allowed Josh freaking Oduro to score 32 points. Any honors past received should also be stricken from the record.
Omaha1

Postby Angry Dan » Thu Feb 08, 2024 1:26 pm

Omaha1 wrote:
Xuperman wrote:

Dude just allowed Josh freaking Oduro to score 32 points. Any honors past received should also be stricken from the record.

Josh “freaking” Oduro deserves more respect. He is a veteren player and he’s averaging 16 points a game. I think his shooting percentage is pretty good too. I’m a Jays fan and of course wish Kalk could have done more last night, but I don,t think he should be disqualified from post season honors for one bad outing against a good player, especially at the AMP, a tough place to play. This is a tough, tough league.
Angry Dan

Postby EMT » Thu Feb 08, 2024 6:48 pm

Xuperman wrote:

Carter is the best defender in the conference and arguably the country.
EMT

Postby mel ott » Sat Feb 10, 2024 3:42 pm

I'd say Carter deserves POY. However, I don't think there is anyone who changes a game defensively like Kalk. He had one bad game last week. Did you see what he did today to Xavier. He totally alters an opposing team's offensive scheme. Several times every game guards come in and have to dish back out. He alters more shots, besides the actual blocks, than anyone. Carter is a great defensive player on a guard, but doesn't change the game like Kalk.

Also, Scheierman is the most improved player in the league. He does so many things. The ONLY player in NCAA history with : 2,000 PTs, 1,000 rebounds, 500 assists, and 300 3pt fgs. Amazing stat!
mel ott

Postby Omaha1 » Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:19 am

I think a lot of people wanted to anoint Carter after the PC win over Creighton. He was great, don’t get me wrong. But Kolek and Scheierman are on a different level. And I can’t argue that one of the UConn guys is a logical choice as well.
Omaha1

Postby mel ott » Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:20 am

let's replay this moment:

Also, Scheierman is the most improved player in the league. He does so many things. The ONLY player in NCAA history with : 2,000 PTs, 1,000 rebounds, 500 assists, and 300 3pt fgs. Amazing stat!

The only person to do this and he shouldn't be POY!
mel ott

Postby CoachK » Wed Feb 14, 2024 1:27 am

mel ott wrote:I'd say Carter deserves POY. However, I don't think there is anyone who changes a game defensively like Kalk. He had one bad game last week.

Not just one bad game. IIRC, Eric Dixon also scored 32 against him earlier this season. Honestly, when you let two different players score 32 points against you in the same season, its tough to be considered DPOY.
CoachK

Next

Return to Big East basketball message board