(3) Wednesday Big East Games 1/24/24

The home for Big East hoops

Re: (3) Wednesday Big East Games 1/24/24

Postby kayako » Thu Jan 25, 2024 2:16 pm

sju88grad wrote:if things don’t improve, I wonder how long Neptune will last?

This makes me wonder if we're better off not making the tournament if it gets Neptune fired. He's definitely not getting fired if Nova makes the tourney. I've seen enough. He was handed a Ferrari and somehow managed to turn it into a beater in less than 2 years. What would Travis Steele accomplish with a roster full of Final Four players, a top 10 recruiting class (by average), and 3M+ to spend in the transfer portal? Imagine inheriting all that plus as a bonus your team is guaranteed to be the best FT shooting team in the country? Wait, there's more! Neptune also enjoys having a GM to share the workload...
supernova
kayako

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby ArmyVet » Thu Jan 25, 2024 4:05 pm

kayako wrote:

This makes me wonder if we're better off not making the tournament if it gets Neptune fired. He's definitely not getting fired if Nova makes the tourney. I've seen enough. He was handed a Ferrari and somehow managed to turn it into a beater in less than 2 years. What would Travis Steele accomplish with a roster full of Final Four players, a top 10 recruiting class (by average), and 3M+ to spend in the transfer portal? Imagine inheriting all that plus as a bonus your team is guaranteed to be the best FT shooting team in the country? Wait, there's more! Neptune also enjoys having a GM to share the workload...

I cannot imagine that Neptune would get fired after this season if the Cats fail to make the NCAA tourney. That would be a shocker.
ArmyVet

Postby stever20 » Thu Jan 25, 2024 4:08 pm

ArmyVet wrote:
kayako wrote:

I cannot imagine that Neptune would get fired after this season if the Cats fail to make the NCAA tourney. That would be a shocker.

I think I agree. But if they were to miss the tourney 3rd straight year next year- all bets are off.
stever20

Postby Xudash » Thu Jan 25, 2024 4:30 pm

kayako wrote:

I understand this is hard for you, given the amount of success Nova has enjoyed since the BE reboot, in particular, but don't punish yourself by bringing Travis Steele into it.
XAVIER
Xudash

Previous

Return to Big East basketball message board