Stubblefield out…..

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Stubblefield out…..

Postby Angry Dan » Tue Jan 23, 2024 10:51 am

Firing mid season says a lot. I think DePaul will make a good hire this time and we are going to see the Blue Demons move in the right direction. The NIL potential is high and now it will be the reason local kids in Chicago will sign up. Their families will see the benefits of staying home and playing in front of Chicago fans
Angry Dan

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby stever20 » Tue Jan 23, 2024 11:18 am

Angry Dan wrote:Firing mid season says a lot. I think DePaul will make a good hire this time and we are going to see the Blue Demons move in the right direction. The NIL potential is high and now it will be the reason local kids in Chicago will sign up. Their families will see the benefits of staying home and playing in front of Chicago fans

Isn't Chicago basketball at a pretty low point right now?
stever20

Postby kayako » Tue Jan 23, 2024 6:36 pm

How do you compete with 200K NIL budget? With the perception being it's career suicide to coach at DePaul, can they even afford to overpay for a proven coach? Like, what would it take to get Chris Mack to coach there? 7M?
supernova
kayako

Postby Xuperman » Wed Jan 24, 2024 6:32 am

Anthony Grant would be a home run hire.....and that would put the Dayton Cryers fan base in total meltdown.
:shock:
Wisdom is what you get 5 seconds after you needed it.
Xuperman

Postby Demon22 » Wed Jan 24, 2024 8:36 am

For what it's worth, the rumor making the rounds is that Peevy has asked the President and Board of Trustees to authorize a significant increase in funding for the men's basketball program.

I know that yesterday he was making the rounds and spent a significant amount of time talking about how the school needed to make an investment in its future and how athletics can be the "front porch" to a great university. I'm pretty sure President Manuel is on board. The Board of Trustees? Less clear, but I know at least a few of them are regularly seen at home games, and one was a former player under Joey Meyer.

So, as Jeff Goodman hinted at... I wouldn't be shocked if they start by offering a Top 25 salary and seeing if they can get an established high major coach to bite.
Demon22

Postby Wizard of Westroads » Wed Jan 24, 2024 9:23 am

I like the Mick Cronin rumors, that he wants to escape the heat at UCLA and return to the Midwest.

X fans would love to see him back on the schedule! :lol:
Wizard of Westroads

Postby stever20 » Wed Jan 24, 2024 10:38 am

Wizard of Westroads wrote:I like the Mick Cronin rumors, that he wants to escape the heat at UCLA and return to the Midwest.

Cronin would make a lot of sense.
stever20

Postby kayako » Wed Jan 24, 2024 1:30 pm

stever20 wrote:
Wizard of Westroads wrote:I like the Mick Cronin rumors, that he wants to escape the heat at UCLA and return to the Midwest.

Makes a lot more sense than Bobby Hurley. But is he actually on the hot seat?
supernova
kayako

Postby stever20 » Wed Jan 24, 2024 2:12 pm

kayako wrote:
stever20 wrote:

Makes a lot more sense than Bobby Hurley. But is he actually on the hot seat?

Maybe not this year but I think he would be next year. In a brutal travel situation too. Get out before the flames get really hot.
stever20

Postby hoops22 » Wed Jan 24, 2024 2:48 pm

Xuperman wrote:Anthony Grant would be a home run hire.....and that would put the Dayton Cryers fan base in total meltdown.
:shock:

I doubt Grant is going anywhere. Archie Miller returned to UD this past weekend and after getting stomped by 30, was a stark reminder that the grass isn't always greener on the other side. Dayton is projected as a 4 or 5 seed in most brackets as of today. They would have been a 1 seed in the Covid year had the tourney not been canceled. Their entire home schedule this year is a sellout of 14,000 plus at every game. They travel as well as anybody in the country. And they do all this on A10 exposure and money. So I'll ask the question again that will get plenty of people here foaming at the mouth angry at me. Why the hell aren't they in the Big East?
hoops22

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board