(5) Weekend Big East Games 1/12 thru 1/14/24

The home for Big East hoops

Re: (5) Weekend Big East Games 1/12 thru 1/14/24

Postby pki1998 » Mon Jan 15, 2024 11:59 am

EMT wrote:
pki1998 wrote:I’m heading to Providence to catch the Xavier game over the long weekend. First time in rhode island. Any suggestions on unique places to visit are appreciated. Only set plans I have at this point are to go to the basketball game and the Hockey match against BC

How was your visit?

Still in Providence. The trips been great so far. First all the Providence fans were great. You never know what you are going to get when you root for the road team. Thanks everyone for the restaurant suggestions Massimos was excellent. Didn’t get to try Andino’s. There are closed for vacation but found an excellent Mexico restaurant called Lucia’s. If your ever there get the Langosta Don Julio! It is amazing.

The Hockey game was really great as well, although admittedly it’s the first time I was at game and cheered for a Non Jesuit team against a Jesuit team. If anyone makes a trip to see their team play at Providence and teh Friars have a Hockey game that weekend make sure to Check it out.

I’ll be in Connecticut in a couple of weeks for the Xavier @ UCONN game. Hopefully the experience and the game result will be the same!
Xavier
pki1998

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby billyjack » Mon Jan 15, 2024 12:28 pm

pki1998 wrote:
EMT wrote:
pki1998 wrote:I’m heading to Providence to catch the Xavier game over the long weekend. First time in rhode island. Any suggestions on unique places to visit are appreciated. Only set plans I have at this point are to go to the basketball game and the Hockey match against BC

How was your visit?

Still in Providence. The trips been great so far. First all the Providence fans were great. You never know what you are going to get when you root for the road team. Thanks everyone for the restaurant suggestions Massimos was excellent. Didn’t get to try Andino’s. There are closed for vacation but found an excellent Mexico restaurant called Lucia’s. If your ever there get the Langosta Don Julio! It is amazing.

The Hockey game was really great as well, although admittedly it’s the first time I was at game and cheered for a Non Jesuit team against a Jesuit team. If anyone makes a trip to see their team play at Providence and teh Friars have a Hockey game that weekend make sure to Check it out.

I’ll be in Connecticut in a couple of weeks for the Xavier @ UCONN game. Hopefully the experience and the game result will be the same!

Great to hear you enjoyed your Providence visit Pki !!
Providence
billyjack

Postby stever20 » Mon Jan 15, 2024 12:58 pm

kayako wrote:
stever20 wrote:
I think Providence is dropping like a rock. If Butler had fouled on purpose late they'd be on a 5 game losing streak right now. The injury was just such a killer.

Watching Georgetown play lately, I am very certain they're going to win a non-DePaul game, maybe multiple games. And guess which team's season Cooley would just love to ruin...

I agree.
stever20

Previous

Return to Big East basketball message board