(6) Black Friday Games 11/24/23

The home for Big East hoops

Re: (6) Black Friday Games 11/24/23

Postby ecasadoSBU » Fri Nov 24, 2023 5:53 pm

If it wasn't for Creighton' flop yesterday that left me with a sour taste I would say this Big East has solidified it's best Top 4 since realignment.

I'm sure Creighton will bounce back though.
Stony Brook Red, Connecticut Blue, and Big East basketball!
ecasadoSBU

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby ecasadoSBU » Fri Nov 24, 2023 5:57 pm

kayako wrote:When Memphis saw Chris Arcidiacono play they got so confident it resulted in a 21-0 run.

Crazy part is that it makes no difference.

The whole time Villanova's win probability has remained at 99%+. Insane
ecasadoSBU

Postby MUPanther » Fri Nov 24, 2023 9:00 pm

Pierre Brooks scored a career-high 26 points, Jahmyl Telfort added 18 for Butler.

Penn State lead by as many as 9 points in the 1st half. PSU trailed the entire second half but pulled within 64-61 on Kanye Clary's jumper with 7:57 to play. Brooks answered a pair of 3s to bookend an 11-3 surge to help the Bulldogs pull away.
Marquette Season Ticket Holder at Fiserv Forum
Milwaukee Panther Season Ticket Holder at UWM Panther Arena (MECCA)
MUPanther

Postby kayako » Fri Nov 24, 2023 11:33 pm

ecasadoSBU wrote:
kayako wrote:When Memphis saw Chris Arcidiacono play they got so confident it resulted in a 21-0 run.

Crazy part is that it makes no difference.

The whole time Villanova's win probability has remained at 99%+. Insane

Nova was up 31 on Maryland and same exact thing happened. Hopefully Kyle's able to adjust.
supernova
kayako

Postby kayako » Fri Nov 24, 2023 11:56 pm

ecasadoSBU wrote:If it wasn't for Creighton' flop yesterday that left me with a sour taste I would say this Big East has solidified it's best Top 4 since realignment.

2019-2020 had a really good top 5. IMO 3 final four contenders in Nova, SH, and Creighton, plus 2 very very dangerous teams in Butler and Providence below that. Would've been a fun postseason if it wasn't cancelled. 23-24 won't be anywhere near as good top to bottom (last place DePaul went 12-1 OOC taking down 5 power conference teams), but as you say we can end up with a really good top tier past the predicted 3. We'll see how things unfold. My prediction is we end up with a pretty good 3 or 4 middle class teams and send more teams to the dance than people think atm.
supernova
kayako

Postby ecasadoSBU » Sat Nov 25, 2023 11:01 am

kayako wrote:
ecasadoSBU wrote:If it wasn't for Creighton' flop yesterday that left me with a sour taste I would say this Big East has solidified it's best Top 4 since realignment.

2019-2020 had a really good top 5. IMO 3 final four contenders in Nova, SH, and Creighton, plus 2 very very dangerous teams in Butler and Providence below that. Would've been a fun postseason if it wasn't cancelled. 23-24 won't be anywhere near as good top to bottom (last place DePaul went 12-1 OOC taking down 5 power conference teams), but as you say we can end up with a really good top tier past the predicted 3. We'll see how things unfold. My prediction is we end up with a pretty good 3 or 4 middle class teams and send more teams to the dance than people think atm.

You are right. 2020 will go down as the greatest unknown. So Sad.

I remember how hyped I was for the BET. I wanted to see Seton Hall take the BET by storm with Myles Powell. Geez. The league was absolutely loaded. and then all of the sudden the whole world shut down. Those guys will probably forever wonder "what if?"

The only reason I think this current season is better is because we have already seen what some of the programs can do (Creighton, Marquette) in the big stage last year. UConn, despite a different roster looks real good too.
ecasadoSBU

Postby kayako » Sat Nov 25, 2023 3:41 pm

ecasadoSBU wrote:
I remember how hyped I was for the BET. I wanted to see Seton Hall take the BET by storm with Myles Powell. Geez. The league was absolutely loaded. and then all of the sudden the whole world shut down. Those guys will probably forever wonder "what if?"

I can never unsee this image!
supernova
kayako

Previous

Return to Big East basketball message board