(3) Wednesday Big East Games 11/22/23

The home for Big East hoops

Re: (3) Wednesday Big East Games 11/22/23

Postby Omaha1 » Wed Nov 22, 2023 7:24 pm

kayako wrote:I guess Shaka wanted Edey defending the 3, but man Marquette could have used a TO, twice.

Marquette played great. Seemed like Purdue was trying to give it to you guys at the end, but MU just couldn’t tKe advantage.
Nebraska by birth, Creighton by choice.
Omaha1

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby billyjack » Wed Nov 22, 2023 7:29 pm

No 3-second calls on Edey, lol. Dude pitches a tent in the lane every possession.
Providence
billyjack

Postby GoldenWarrior11 » Wed Nov 22, 2023 9:57 pm

Very competitive game, and I for one enjoyed every moment of the week watching. I'm not down after the loss, as there is a long season ahead of us. I am confident if we play Purdue again, we can/will beat them (similarly, if we play Kansas again, not so sure we get less than their best effort). Edey is a special player, and one that changes the way an opponent plays just by being on the court. He opens up so much for the Purdue guards/wings, and they capitalized today. We struggled shooting the 3 this week, but am confident that we get better as the season progresses.

The refs, IMO, called a fair game. There were way more fouls on MU than Purdue, but we were very aggressive (rightfully so). Oso had an unfortunate 2nd foul in the 1st where he didn't need to be as aggressive. Ross had a number of rebounds bounce off his hands. Joplin wasn't aggressive at all and only took two shots all game. The bench was 0/7 shooting 3's. Take away the incredible 70-ft 3-pointer at the half by Purdue and it is an OT game, or playing to win at the end.

MU will be fine. I'd rather have this group experience defeat now for added fuel for March. A Maui Championship would have been nice, but I would have been worried that we could have peaked as a team early. The team plays better with a chip on its shoulder, and it just got one.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone on HLOH. There is no better collection of basketball schools and fans than the BIG EAST!
GoldenWarrior11

Postby hoops22 » Wed Nov 22, 2023 10:29 pm

Congrats to Marquette for an outstanding tournament. Have to respect how they didn't let that crazy three before the half deflate them, and they came back to give Purdue all they could handle. Already looking forward to the Marquette /UCONN/ Creighton match ups later this season. Will definitely be some fun basketball to watch.
hoops22

Postby ecasadoSBU » Thu Nov 23, 2023 11:17 am

I think Marquette is a better team than Purdue. They fell just short last night.

But time will tell.
Stony Brook Red, Connecticut Blue, and Big East basketball!
ecasadoSBU

Previous

Return to Big East basketball message board