(2) Monday Big East Games 11/20/23

The home for Big East hoops

Re: (2) Monday Big East Games 11/20/23

Postby Jasper67 » Tue Nov 21, 2023 10:01 am

kayako wrote:I don't think UCONN will ever lose non-conference game again.

Last year’s UConn team was hard for opponents who hadn’t seen them before to prepare for - especially because of Andre Jackson who was such an unorthodox player. Jackson’s strengths were through the roof but he also had serious weaknesses. Big East coaches understood this, knew how to prepare for them, and had players who had seen them before and could therefore readily implement the game plan. That’s why UConn finished 4th in conference and couldn’t advance past the semifinals of the league tournament. It’s also why they blew past opponents who were unfamiliar with their style and with their strengths & weaknesses. With Jackson gone, they don’t present any unusual matchup problems - except for that 7’3” guy in the middle. At this point UConn has a lot of youth & inexperience. Especially with Castle injured and out for the next couple of weeks at least, I do expect them to lose some games out of conference,
Last edited by Jasper67 on Tue Nov 21, 2023 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jasper67

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby ArmyVet » Tue Nov 21, 2023 10:11 am

Congrats UConn and Marquette on last night's victories.
ArmyVet

Postby kayako » Tue Nov 21, 2023 11:26 pm

Jasper67 wrote:
kayako wrote:I don't think UCONN will ever lose non-conference game again.

Last year’s UConn team was hard for opponents who hadn’t seen them before to prepare for - especially because of Andre Jackson who was such an unorthodox player. Jackson’s strengths were through the roof but he also had serious weaknesses. Big East coaches understood this, knew how to prepare for them, and had players who had seen them before and could therefore readily implement the game plan. That’s why UConn finished 4th in conference and couldn’t advance past the semifinals of the league tournament. It’s also why they blew past opponents who were unfamiliar with their style and with their strengths & weaknesses. With Jackson gone, they don’t present any unusual matchup problems - except for that 7’3” guy in the middle. At this point UConn has a lot of youth & inexperience. Especially with Castle injured and out for the next couple of weeks at least, I do expect them to lose some games out of conference,

Hurley did say exactly that last year. They were also uber talented AND deep as hell to boot. We'll see what they can do with a more traditional looking players like you say.
supernova
kayako

Previous

Return to Big East basketball message board