(6) Big East Games FS2 Marathon 11/11/23

The home for Big East hoops

Re: (6) Big East Games FS2 Marathon 11/11/23

Postby Wizard of Westroads » Sun Nov 12, 2023 10:12 am

Jet915 wrote:
Wizard of Westroads wrote:Has anyone started the rumor that Peevey reunites with Calipari at DePaul next year after Kentucky has another disappointing season (at least to Kentucky fans)?

That would be a good rumor.

Peevey inherited Stubblefield i have to believe its almost 100% he's gone after this year.

Peevey came in 2020 and hired him in 2021, so he'll have to admit his own error. In Peevey's defense, he couldn't have had much of a budget or he would have made a splashier hire. It's time for the Demons to prove their serious. With the recent additions of Pitino, MIller and Motta, this league is no place for an assistant coach to learn the ropes.
Wizard of Westroads

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Omaha1 » Sun Nov 12, 2023 10:38 am

Wizard of Westroads wrote:
Jet915 wrote:
Wizard of Westroads wrote:Has anyone started the rumor that Peevey reunites with Calipari at DePaul next year after Kentucky has another disappointing season (at least to Kentucky fans)?

Peevey inherited Stubblefield i have to believe its almost 100% he's gone after this year.

Peevey came in 2020 and hired him in 2021, so he'll have to admit his own error. In Peevey's defense, he couldn't have had much of a budget or he would have made a splashier hire. It's time for the Demons to prove their serious. With the recent additions of Pitino, MIller and Motta, this league is no place for an assistant coach to learn the ropes.

How do we expect DePaul to prove they are serious? They don’t have the money or support to pay big bucks to lure a coach away.
Nebraska by birth, Creighton by choice.
Omaha1

Postby kayako » Sun Nov 12, 2023 10:48 am

Jet915 wrote:

I can't help but notice that their first choice is doing even worse at Louisville, and is signed through 2028 season. They need to seek outside help with their next hire.
supernova
kayako

Postby Wizard of Westroads » Sun Nov 12, 2023 1:09 pm

Omaha1 wrote:How do we expect DePaul to prove they are serious? They don’t have the money or support to pay big bucks to lure a coach away.

They prove they're serious by getting their boosters to pony up. Surely they have some alums in Chicago with deep pockets who are tired of losing. If not, then they might as well drop down to the Horizon League.
Wizard of Westroads

Postby Jet915 » Sun Nov 12, 2023 3:47 pm

Jet915 wrote:

For some reason I thought differently damn Depaul is doomed....
Jet915

Postby Xudash » Sun Nov 12, 2023 6:50 pm

Chicago.

A nice, still new building.

Large alumni base.

Some distant history.

And we get this. I feel for the DePaul fans.

They should wake up rather quickly if they ever get good leadership in there.
XAVIER
Xudash

Postby Demon22 » Sun Nov 12, 2023 9:18 pm

I vote to evict DePaul.

And I vote that we send UConn back to the AAC.

They don’t have the money or support to pay big bucks to lure a coach away.

They have the money to hire a good coach.

What they haven't had is leadership with the desire to make the kind of commitment necessary to be a big-time basketball program. At times, the issue was the President, other times the problem was the AD, and for a least a little while, the problem was both. Peevy and Manuel are saying the right things, but we'll see when they go looking for a new coach.
Demon22

Postby Django » Mon Nov 13, 2023 7:24 am

Demon fans getting chippy? That’s a great start!
Django

Previous

Return to Big East basketball message board