Collier retiring from Butler

The home for Big East hoops

Postby stever20 » Wed Nov 08, 2023 10:12 am

Just saw from Gregg Doyel-
BREAKING: Butler AD Barry Collier will announce his retirement today, effective April 2024. Everything about the Butler Way, the little engine that could, the national title games, the enormous profile. It all started with Barry. A legend in state athletics.
stever20

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Collier retiring from Butler

Postby hoops22 » Wed Nov 08, 2023 3:41 pm

It was an amazing story how much Butler accomplished, with much of it happening while a member of the Horizon League. Butler has always been an easy team to root for.
hoops22

Postby MakScratcher3 » Thu Nov 09, 2023 1:49 pm

Is Butler still a conference member?

LMAO. Frauds from the beginning that lucked out on a flash in the pan era of Brad Stevens....
MakScratcher3

Postby Omaha1 » Thu Nov 09, 2023 4:13 pm

I’m sure he’s a nice guy and is a butler legend, but around here, he will always be known as a complete failure of a coach when he was in Lincoln, coaching the huskers.
Nebraska by birth, Creighton by choice.
Omaha1

Postby mel ott » Thu Nov 09, 2023 8:09 pm

He was also a complete loser when at Nebraska he proposed that they stop playing Creighton on an annual basis- he said we hurt their RPI. What a joke. I spoke with a person at the very top of both programs and he said "don't worry, that will never happen". Still showed his character or lack thereof. Brad Stevens made/built that program.
mel ott

Postby butlerguy03 » Fri Nov 10, 2023 12:35 pm

Brad Stevens did not build the program. He took it to new heights. Barry Collier's ancillary coaching tree includes Thad Matta, Chris Holtmann, Brad Stevens, Scott Drew, and others. He took Nebraska's money - compared to MCC level Butler, I'd have taken it too. It was a no-win situation there.

Collier took a school that had fallen on decades of irrelevance and started winning again. Then took them from the Horizon to the Big East as AD.

Read the f*cking story and actually learn something rather than spouting bs. Then again, maybe Creighton and _avier fans can't read?
Butler University '03
butlerguy03

Postby Omahanian » Fri Nov 10, 2023 4:29 pm

butlerguy03 wrote:Brad Stevens did not build the program. He took it to new heights. Barry Collier's ancillary coaching tree includes Thad Matta, Chris Holtmann, Brad Stevens, Scott Drew, and others. He took Nebraska's money - compared to MCC level Butler, I'd have taken it too. It was a no-win situation there.

Collier took a school that had fallen on decades of irrelevance and started winning again. Then took them from the Horizon to the Big East as AD.

Read the f*cking story and actually learn something rather than spouting bs. Then again, maybe Creighton and _avier fans can't read?

It seems that some of us Creighton fans are still on the learning curve when it come to handling success with dignity and humility. Hopefully they can catch on soon or at least keep that crap over on BJU.
C R E I G H T O N
Omahanian

Postby jaybydna » Fri Nov 10, 2023 5:36 pm

I don't think any Creighton fan was disparaging what he has done at Butler. Only what he did at Nebraska. It would be the same if Dana Alman took the Notre Dame job and said that playing Butler was beneath them and Butler should play in South Bend every year. You might have a little disdain for him, no? He did great for Butler and at least most Creighton fans wouldn't try to dispute that.

Macscratcher is a troll looking to start fights. Ignore him
jaybydna

Return to Big East basketball message board