Women's World Cup

The home for Big East hoops

Women's World Cup

Postby sju88grad » Thu Aug 17, 2023 8:35 pm

Not sure if anyone has been following the World Cup but I've got a special interest in rooting for England to win it all. Rachel Daly who starts for England is a St. John's grad, so I'm all in on England!!!
sju88grad

Women's World Cup

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Women's World Cup

Postby RichPalace » Fri Aug 18, 2023 7:32 am

Being English and a big football fan, I do have a special interest! Should be a good final - Spain seem technically superior, but the English team seem to find a way to win their games. I don't think there is an obvious favourite for this game.

Nice to see that two of my passions - Big East basketball and English football have combined here! For what it is worth, I'm a Big East fan as I lived in New Jersey for a year 20 years ago and started following Seton Hall. And being Catholic, it wasn't hard to root for a league with lots of Catholic colleges in it. Anyway, I cheer for whoever is in the league - I used to want Cincinatti to beat Xavier when UC were in the Big East; now it is Xavier all the way!
RichPalace

Re: Women's World Cup

Postby hoops22 » Fri Aug 18, 2023 9:59 am

I didn't realize Rachel was on the English team. I saw her play a couple times at St. John's and was always impressed with what an amazing athlete she was. Anyway, it's good to have a team to pull for, especially with how difficult it was to muster any enthusiasm for the U.S. team this year.
hoops22

Return to Big East basketball message board