Dude's predictions for 24

The home for Big East hoops

Postby DudeAnon » Wed Aug 09, 2023 4:17 pm

Tourney Locks
1. Xavier
Freemantle, Hunter, Claude, Nemeikas, Green. 2024 NCAA Champions.

2. Marquette
Shaka 2.0 took 1 year to materialize. Dominated the Big East tournament and the regular season. Michigan State was a tough 7 seed.

3. UConn
Now its awkward. Went from Big East saving UConn to UConn saving the Big East. If they leave now it sucks, if not then its great for the league.

4. Creighton
Elite 8, lost a lot. Coach McDermott is pretty good at paying players though, so there is always hope.

5. Georgetown
Ed Cooley has never not been good in the Big East. Georgetown is still a brand, will give him 4*s immediately.

Wildcards
6. St. John's
I will be at Cintas to see Rick. Pitino and Miller probably top 2 coaches in the league historically, will see if Pitino's still got it.

7. Providence
I know 0 about Kim English

8. Butler
Total roster turnover, Thad searching.

Not hopeful
9. Seton Hall
Shaheen Holloway gets a C+ for me his rookie year.

10. Villanova
Last year was rough, and Neptune trash talks Whitmore on his way out? I don't think high level recruits are on the way either.

11. DePaul
Pay for the best recruits coming out of Chicago. At this point no measure is too drastic.
Xavier

2018 Big East Champs
DudeAnon

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Dude's predictions for 24

Postby GumbyDamnit! » Thu Aug 10, 2023 7:10 am

Care to make things interesting? I've got Nova at 3rd in conference and X at 5. $100 bottle of bourbon of the winner's choosing for whoever is closer to their predictions by year's end? We'll just add up the spaces away from the prediction for both and low man wins. What say you Dude-ster?
Go Nova!
GumbyDamnit!

Postby Omaha1 » Mon Aug 21, 2023 2:14 pm

I will be very disappointed in Creighton isn’t in the top 3 at the end of this season.
Nebraska by birth, Creighton by choice.
Omaha1

Postby gtmoBlue » Sat Aug 26, 2023 3:51 pm

GumbyDamnit! wrote:Care to make things interesting? I've got Nova at 3rd in conference and X at 5. $100 bottle of bourbon of the winner's choosing for whoever is closer to their predictions by year's end? We'll just add up the spaces away from the prediction for both and low man wins. What say you Dude-ster?

That seems a great bet... Ol' Dude is really puttin' himself out there...
Sooo. Gumby, my man. You've got da Jays 6th??

NEVERMIND
... saw your take on the 23-24 Predictions thread. Sorry. I'm late and need to catch up on my 'required reading'! lol

JACK: email me. You may have to do the preview show solo...Let's talk. git
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." - Mahatma Gandhi
"Top tier teams rarely have true "down" years and find a way to stay relevant every year." - Adoraz

Creighton
gtmoBlue

Postby FenwayFriar » Sat Aug 26, 2023 8:57 pm

"Pitino and Miller probably top 2 coaches in the league historically"

A guy who has never made a Final Four is a top 2 in league history over guys like JTII, Looie, Rollie, Boeheim, Calhoun, Jay, etc etc?? Huhh??? I think Rick Barnes vs. Sean Miller is a better debate.
FenwayFriar

Postby Django » Sun Aug 27, 2023 2:03 pm

FenwayFriar wrote:"Pitino and Miller probably top 2 coaches in the league historically"

A guy who has never made a Final Four is a top 2 in league history over guys like JTII, Looie, Rollie, Boeheim, Calhoun, Jay, etc etc?? Huhh??? I think Rick Barnes vs. Sean Miller is a better debate.

Dude smoked a bong before his predictions … I think what he meant was that of the CURRENT coaches those two have the best resumes. But he’s still smoking the weee hee whacky stuff because with an NC Hurley > Miller, who, as you have noted, has never reached the final four.
Django

Postby Vill » Sat Sep 23, 2023 11:01 am

DudeAnon wrote:Tourney Locks
1. Xavier
Freemantle, Hunter, Claude, Nemeikas, Green. 2024 NCAA Champions.

I'll take that bet. Sounds like XU's roster is in shambles due to all of the injuries.
Vill

Return to Big East basketball message board