Big East on the Clock

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Big East on the Clock

Postby GoldenWarrior11 » Mon Aug 07, 2023 8:46 pm

Equal to future payouts is exposure, and exposure is dependent on network slots that carry a national reach.

Fox just loaded up on B1G content on for FS1 (and Fox and FS2). With four PAC schools now in the B1G, they now have West coast late night timeslots to utilize. Fox also splits the Big 12 content (now at 16 members) with ESPN, which leads to...

ESPN had full SEC, ACC and partial Big 12 coverage. In addition, they have the full AAC package for cheap.

I think Fox is all in on the Big Ten. I'm just not seeing the same amount of access we had. The best thing we have is not being expensive like a P5 football conference. Being bumped down to FS2 would not be good, as it is often bundled separately with new streaming options.

I don't know. I think there is some reason for concern. There's only so many windows to provide.
GoldenWarrior11

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Django » Tue Aug 08, 2023 6:30 am

So far only Villanova and UCONN have taken care of business on the court. If we want security it’s on each team to step up and get a FF/NC. It’s time for MU, CU, X, StJ to do our part.
Django

Postby Omaha1 » Tue Aug 08, 2023 9:28 am

Django wrote:So far only Villanova and UCONN have taken care of business on the court. If we want security it’s on each team to step up and get a FF/NC. It’s time for MU, CU, X, StJ to do our part.

I know what you’re getting at, but that’s an interesting group to say needs to “step up”. Georgetown and St John’s - hell yes. MU, CU, and XU have been really strong contributors.
Nebraska by birth, Creighton by choice.
Omaha1

Postby Django » Tue Aug 08, 2023 10:35 am

Omaha1 wrote:
Django wrote:So far only Villanova and UCONN have taken care of business on the court. If we want security it’s on each team to step up and get a FF/NC. It’s time for MU, CU, X, StJ to do our part.

I know what you’re getting at, but that’s an interesting group to say needs to “step up”. Georgetown and St John’s - hell yes. MU, CU, and XU have been really strong contributors.

The four I mentioned are FF caliber this year IMHO in order to improve our contact we need FFs and NCs. I’m well aware that GT and DePaul have been garbage
Django

Previous

Return to Big East basketball message board