NCAAT - Connecticut vs. San Diego State - GC 9:20PM EDT CBS

The home for Big East hoops

Re: NCAAT - Connecticut vs. San Diego State - GC 9:20PM EDT

Postby ecasadoSBU » Mon Apr 03, 2023 11:30 pm

In Shock!

Six years ago... to think how far the Huskies had fallen. and to climb to the mountain top again. Wow. Thank you Big East!!!!!!!!! Thank you Hurley
Stony Brook Red, Connecticut Blue, and Big East basketball!
ecasadoSBU

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby billyjack » Mon Apr 03, 2023 11:47 pm

Congrats to our Husky fans and all Big East brothers on a dominant run to the National Championship !! Go Big East !!
Providence
billyjack

Postby kayako » Tue Apr 04, 2023 12:07 am

5 titles from only 6 trips to the final four is incredible. Congrats UCONN I think Hurley will add more final four trips going forward.
supernova
kayako

Postby xufan02 » Tue Apr 04, 2023 5:31 am

Congratulations to UConn. A very strong NCAA tournament showing for the Big East. A healthy Xavier team with Zach Freemantle swept the reigning national champions. Oh what could have been.
xufan02

Postby Django » Tue Apr 04, 2023 5:33 am

ecasadoSBU wrote:In Shock!

Six years ago... to think how far the Huskies had fallen. and to climb to the mountain top again. Wow. Thank you Big East!!!!!!!!! Thank you Hurley

Thank you UCONN, great BASKETBALL program and GREAT for the Big East. Villanova and the Huskies have elevated us and I’m truly grateful. Somewhere out there in the big bad world Mac-n-Cheese Kid and Piccolo Girl are smiling down with approval on this super blessed league. Creighton, Marquette, X, St John’s and Hall are ready to step up with you.

GO BIG EAST!!!!
Last edited by Django on Tue Apr 04, 2023 6:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Django

Postby admin » Tue Apr 04, 2023 6:10 am

Congrats to UConn and all Huskies.

There is no doubt in my mind that this happened (at least in part) because UConn rejoined the Big East. A marriage that has been mutually beneficial.

Next year is going to be awesome.
admin
Site Admin

Postby DeltaV » Tue Apr 04, 2023 8:23 am

admin wrote:Congrats to UConn and all Huskies.

There is no doubt in my mind that this happened (at least in part) because UConn rejoined the Big East. A marriage that has been mutually beneficial.

Next year is going to be awesome.

Anyone else see the way to early top 25? Big East very well represented, and didn't even include Nova, with Moore returning.
'Nova MechE, Swimming
DeltaV

Postby ArmyVet » Tue Apr 04, 2023 8:42 am

I had a little concern when they cut it to 5 with about five minutes to play, but UCONN just hammered them down the stretch. Super impressive tournament.
ArmyVet

Postby mel ott » Tue Apr 04, 2023 8:48 am

Husky_U wrote:
mel ott wrote:Will be cheering for the Big East, and because of that, UCONN. I wish it was Creighton playing them, and it very well could have been. UCONN and CU have the best talent in the league ( Marquette 3rd and had a good season winning when some teams who were down a man). Hurley talks now like they were the best team and just had a bad spell. I don't believe it was a spell like CU's when Kalk was sick for 6 games, and R2 and Trey were sick coming back from Maui for 3 games. UCONN's spell was having to play on the road to the 3 top teams on the road and an upset loss to ST John's at home.

That's just a very competitive Big East and I wish them the best. Maybe I'm not hearing all he is saying, but it would be nice to hear about playing the tough schedule in the Big East vs his bad spell. Dan ( I now know he likes to be called Dan, not Danny- so showing some respect), just don't act like you were the best from day 1-a little humility.
I hope they blow them out!

Hurley's praised the Big East in pretty much every single interview the entire tourney...

Apologies- I was in my car the last 2 days and listening to sirius sports radio stations and didn't get that feel. I'm glad he did and happy for UCONN and the BIg East. 3 titles in 7 years is amazing ( Big Ten hasn't won since 2000!).
mel ott

Postby ecasadoSBU » Tue Apr 04, 2023 9:19 am

https://theathletic.com/4379426/2023/04 ... -big-east/

UConn’s national championship validates the Big East’s basketball-first plan

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-baske ... ch-madness

The evolution of the Big East sets up a basketball revolution

Even ESPN is jumping in the bandwagon. After nearly destroying the Big East 10 years ago. This league is BOUT to get paid!!! Get ready!
Stony Brook Red, Connecticut Blue, and Big East basketball!
ecasadoSBU

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board