It's time to review Creighton

The home for Big East hoops

Re: It's time to review Creighton

Postby kayako » Wed May 03, 2023 10:15 am

Omaha1 wrote:Jays get 2 commitments today -
Brock Vice is a forward from Tennessee, previously committed to SLU
Jonathan Lawson - transfer from Memphis

This puts CU at 14 scholarships for next year which means at least one of the 3 guys declared for the NBA draft isn’t coming back.

I had expected to see Creighton linked to Grant Nelson, but I guess they don't have the space to take him on.
supernova
kayako

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby jfan » Wed May 03, 2023 4:49 pm

Lawson was Gatorade Player of the year in Tennesse his senior year. Was # 102 in 24/7 composite. Didn't play much at Memphis for whatever reason, but it sounds like they were unhappy he left. Vice was a finalist for player of the year in Tennesse this year and has improved his stock with his play recently. Hard to know how good these players are until they get into serious competition, but definitely a lot of potential!
CREIGHTON
jfan

Postby Jet915 » Thu May 04, 2023 11:33 am

kayako wrote:
Omaha1 wrote:Jays get 2 commitments today -
Brock Vice is a forward from Tennessee, previously committed to SLU
Jonathan Lawson - transfer from Memphis

This puts CU at 14 scholarships for next year which means at least one of the 3 guys declared for the NBA draft isn’t coming back.

I had expected to see Creighton linked to Grant Nelson, but I guess they don't have the space to take him on.

Looks like we have reached out to Grant Nelson.
Jet915

Postby Omaha1 » Wed May 10, 2023 4:36 pm

Kaluma is now in the portal. So he’s either going pro or transferring but won’t be back at Creighton. Not a huge surprise.
Nebraska by birth, Creighton by choice.
Omaha1

Postby OmahaGuy » Wed May 10, 2023 6:21 pm

Not really surprised. Didn't really expect AK back. We got talented guys at his position ready to contribute in Traudt, Miller and Green. Wish Art the best!
OmahaGuy

Postby GumbyDamnit! » Thu May 25, 2023 6:33 am

Saw a mock draft in which Trey A. was a late 1st round pick. What's the scuttlebutt around the chances of him coming back, realistically? I would think if a GM is telling Trey and Mac that they wouldn't pass him by if he is available on their board late first round, that he HAS to go. He's the player on that Creighton team that I would want to poach if I had the opportunity to choose one guy. Great talent on both ends of the floor. Plays the game the right way. Reminds me a bit of the role Josh Hart played for us. Good defender, can shoot, can rebound, can distribute; ultimate team guy. That would be a much bigger loss than Kaluma or Nembhardt for sure IMO. Hearing anything Jays fans?
Go Nova!
GumbyDamnit!

Postby Wizard of Westroads » Thu May 25, 2023 10:28 am

GumbyDamnit! wrote:Saw a mock draft in which Trey A. was a late 1st round pick. What's the scuttlebutt around the chances of him coming back, realistically?

Kalk is considered more likely to return. One thing with Trey is that he's a really good student (H.S. valedictorian, I think) and may want to get his degree if he's not guaranteed money. He also has said if he's second round, then it has to be a good fit. One of the guys on our board posted the latest mock drafts:

Sam Vecenie has Kaluma at 43 and Kalkbrenner at 45 in his mock for The Athletic.

No Creighton players in Jonathan Wasserman's two-round mock for Bleacher Report.

No Creighton first-rounders in any of the three mocks at CBS (they only do one round each).

No Creighton player in Ricky O'Donnell's one-round mock for SB Nation.

No Creighton players in Kevin O'Connor's one-round mock for The Ringer.

Krysten Peek at Yahoo has Trey at 37.

No Creighton player's in Matt Babcock's two-round mock for SI.

Cody Taylor has Trey a 42 in his mock at USA Today.
Wizard of Westroads

Postby Omaha1 » Thu May 25, 2023 7:34 pm

Rumors out there that Kalk plans to return to CU next year, but nothing official.
Omaha1

Postby Omaha1 » Mon May 29, 2023 5:16 pm

Omaha1 wrote:Rumors out there that Kalk plans to return to CU next year, but nothing official.

Ryan Kalkbrenner has announced that he will be back for another year.
Omaha1

Postby Django » Mon May 29, 2023 6:08 pm

Great!
Django

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board