It's time to review Xavier

The home for Big East hoops

Re: It's time to review Xavier

Postby XUFan09 » Tue Apr 04, 2023 9:40 pm

Logan Duncomb (transfer from IU) added to Xavier's roster. He didn't really get to play much between injury and illness plus being behind some serious frontcourt players, including an All-American. He seems like a solid depth piece that could be a good project.
Last edited by XUFan09 on Wed Apr 12, 2023 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gangsters in the locker room
XUFan09

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Xudash » Mon Apr 10, 2023 1:59 pm

XAVIER
Xudash

Postby OmahaGuy » Thu Apr 13, 2023 3:20 pm

Jack Nunge is leaving and going pro
OmahaGuy

Postby XUFan09 » Thu Apr 13, 2023 4:59 pm

OmahaGuy wrote:Jack Nunge is leaving and going pro

As expected. Dude is married and would have turned 25 next season. He's been in college for a long time between redshirt and injuries.
Gangsters in the locker room
XUFan09

Postby Xudash » Sun Apr 16, 2023 7:26 pm

Quincy Olivari to Xavier - from Rice by way of the Portal.

https://www.on3.com/college/xavier-musketeers/news/xavier-sean-miller-land-sharpshooter-quincy-olivari-rice-transfer/

Big pick-up for Sean Miller.
XAVIER
Xudash

Postby xukeith » Sun Apr 16, 2023 7:48 pm

Freemantle is not transferring.
That would be a stupid decision. With his foot recovery, X and staff are on the hook for a hundred percent paid for insurance plan.
xukeith

Postby Django » Sun Apr 16, 2023 8:37 pm

xukeith wrote:Freemantle is not transferring.
That would be a stupid decision. With his foot recovery, X and staff are on the hook for a hundred percent paid for insurance plan.

Um, wha?!?!? Brilliant take Keith. I’m sure Fremantle was so overjoyed to have a season ending injury so he could bilk poor X outta all that free healthcare. W. T. F.
Django

Postby Xudash » Mon Apr 17, 2023 12:16 pm

I'm sharing a clip from the Field of 68 (Jeff Goodman), which is about Quincy's actual announcement for Xavier:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMZBOSUAn4E

The reason I'm sharing it is because of what I think it means for the Big East. Quincy covers his thought process towards NIL - you are thoroughly going to enjoy that, because it speaks to the kind of character I would think we all want when it comes to kids wearing the uniforms of our schools. He talks about wanting to be on the biggest stage, including a mention of the BET and MSG. Goodman literally refers to the Big East as the best basketball conference (for next year I believe) and how tough it's going to be next season.

Xavier beat out Texas, Miami and Auburn for this kid. He is a class act.

We're all having good moments in terms of setting up our rosters for next year. I just wanted to share this as one example of why the Big East is well positioned for moving forward. The portal worked for us (i.e. Xavier/BE) this time around, and the NIL was not a detriment.
XAVIER
Xudash

Postby kayako » Tue Apr 18, 2023 1:33 am

Xudash wrote:I'm sharing a clip from the Field of 68 (Jeff Goodman), which is about Quincy's actual announcement for Xavier:

Sounds like a great kid, congrats. I think the NIL is net positive for college basketball, but I like his perspective on immediate profit vs. what's better for him down the road. I didn't watch it past Olivari's section, but it's kind of funny that the next guy up was Jesse Edwards. He had publicly shamed Syracuse's NIL pot last week... :lol:
supernova
kayako

Postby Wizard of Westroads » Tue Apr 18, 2023 7:04 am

Xudash wrote:I'm sharing a clip from the Field of 68 (Jeff Goodman), which is about Quincy's actual announcement for Xavier:

Wow, what a great kid. It's going to be hard to hate him when we play you guys!
Wizard of Westroads

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board