The five million dollar for only the C7 is false

The home for Big East hoops

Postby BigAnt2191 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:31 pm

The the article about the C7 will get the larger of TV money than the other schools is completely false. The C7 is all about parity which is why they want to get away from the football schools in the first place. There is talk about using that money as a possible exit fee to get away from the old Big East and perhaps start the new conference next season. This is where the larger share of the money story is coming from. But in the end, all teams will be getting equal share which will be around 4million per school.
BigAnt2191

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: The five million dollar for only the C7 is false

Postby Dew » Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:34 pm

According to???
Dew

Postby Jet915 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:35 pm

Sounds right if true, I couldn't believe that they would do a second tier for the new schools for the entire 12 years.....are you still hearing Xavier, Butler and Creighton as the 10 or will there be a 12 team league?
Jet915

Postby BigAnt2191 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:05 pm

According to some top AAU people who have a close relationship with a certain Big East school. I find it hard to believe that the new conference can start play next season. The only way I see that happening if the incoming football schools pulled out. Also, if the article is coming from ESPN you have to question it since they are also in contact talks with the C7 and know that Fox wants there share of the College Basketball market.
BigAnt2191

Postby admin » Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:33 am

I wouldn't be surprised if the inequality was for a very short time. On the other hand, the C7 would be better viewed if they simply said "we're going to recoup any and all expenses associated with leaving the Big East before any money is distributed to other schools". That verbiage seems palatable to me.
admin
Site Admin

Postby BigAnt2191 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:19 am

Another thing people also need to take into account is that the Big East 7 are looking at exit fees, lawyer fees and start up money for the conference which probably explains the indifference with the TV money. However, this is only short term for schools that are jumping from one conference to the other. Its a fact that West Virgina is not getting the same share right off the bat when joining the B12. However, in the long term , they will get their equal share.. Same thing can be said about Maryland when they join the Big Ten. You can see the writer for ESPN who wrote the story didn't get all his facts and is basically assuming at this point which is obvious in his article. One thing we do know for sure is that throughout this process the B7 has been very tight lip about disclosing info of any sort. My question then would be, why would the B7 leak info such as money when they have been tight with info for everything else? This makes no sense at all, which is why I question the validity of this story to begin with. Until an offical announcement is made, the media (ESPN) will continue to play the guessing game.
BigAnt2191

Postby BE 7 Conference fan » Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:12 am

If BigAnt is right and the story is false, I think that will cool a lot of concerns emanating out of Cincinnati, Indianapolis, Omaha, Dayton and St Louis. A temporary disparity may be acceptable, but a permanent tier system will certainly turn off the additions, who for the most part, have better resumes over the last few years than a lot of the BE 7 and are largely more flush with cash at the present.
BE 7 Conference fan

Postby Vegas Jim » Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:18 pm

The simple verbiage suggested by Admin seems quite intelligent. Define the terms and a deal could be done.
Vegas Jim

Postby DemonBaby » Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:24 pm

Vegas Jim wrote:The simple verbiage suggested by Admin seems quite intelligent. Define the terms and a deal could be done.

Agree 100%. As a DePaul fan I would hate to screw this up by messing around over a few bucks.
DemonBaby

Postby admin » Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:40 pm

Via twitter- Mike Decourcy: @jensenoffcampus: @tsnmike I'm told whoever floated that unequal share proposal 100 percent wasn't speaking for entire Catholic 7.
admin
Site Admin

Next

Return to Big East basketball message board