NCAA Tournament - non-Big East games discussion

The home for Big East hoops

Re: NCAA Tournament - non-Big East games discussion

Postby billyjack » Mon Mar 27, 2023 10:49 am

I never liked seeing teams gloat and prance around like assholes when they win, especially in a blowout.

First of all, they look like assholes.

Secondly, to me, it means they've lost focus on the task at hand. And shows that they don't respect their opponent. And it's bad karma.

So, on Friday night, Texas acted like d-bags against Xavier, strutting around, bumping into X players, etc. So Sunday night, after their loss, they can now clean out their lockers and go golfing today. Thanks Miami !!

Here's an obscure memory on this topic-- in the 2016 season, early on, Villanova played Oklahoma at an old fieldhouse in Pearl Harbor. The Sooners had a big halftime lead and when heading for the locker rooms down a shared center hallway, Buddy Hield slammed into the back of I think Dan Ochefu like a cocky asshole, knocking Ochefu off balance, didn't look back, and kept running-- total sign of disrespect. A few months later OU was served some karma, with a 44 point crushing loss to Villanova in the Final Four. P.S. i think i have a long memory.

How great that there are no remaining teams from the B1G, SEC, or B-12.. awesome.
Providence
billyjack

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby hoops22 » Mon Mar 27, 2023 1:59 pm

I remember Nova getting waxed that game in Pearl Harbor. Was absolutely shocking how they turned it around and shellacked Oklahoma in the rematch. I think that stands as the record for the largest margin of victory in a FF game. That's the kind of thing that makes sports so great.
hoops22

Postby admin » Sun Apr 02, 2023 10:49 am

Incredible finish for SDSU. In some years, I think they would be a team of destiny looking at how the past two games have ended for them. Not sure Monday night will have the same magic.
admin
Site Admin

Postby DeltaV » Sun Apr 02, 2023 11:18 am

hoops22 wrote:I remember Nova getting waxed that game in Pearl Harbor. Was absolutely shocking how they turned it around and shellacked Oklahoma in the rematch. I think that stands as the record for the largest margin of victory in a FF game. That's the kind of thing that makes sports so great.

I was on my honeymoon in New Zealand when that game was being played. I was watching the game cast on our phone, so just getting the score. I was convinced it was some sort of mistake, no way they could win that big until we got back to a proper computer and I could read about it.
'Nova MechE, Swimming
DeltaV

Previous

Return to Big East basketball message board