George Mason to join Atlantic 10

The home for Big East hoops

Re: George Mason to join Atlantic 10

Postby Bostonspider » Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:41 pm

BillEsq wrote:Yep, its Slu/Dayton/Richmond/VCU rumors for the BE and UMass for Am12.

A-10 is also apparently interested in Sienna and Northeastern. I personally read the east coast focus on the fact that they are giving up on Slu.

Looks like the Am12 have decided on adding ECU for all sports (was to be FB only) and also Tulsa. So I do not think there is any space for UMass. In my mind, and from all I am hearing, I think SLU is a lock, and it is between UR and VCU for the final spot. I think Dayton has somewhat fallen by the wayside.
Richmond '99
Bostonspider

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby yorost » Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:57 pm

Bostonspider wrote:
BillEsq wrote:Yep, its Slu/Dayton/Richmond/VCU rumors for the BE and UMass for Am12.

A-10 is also apparently interested in Sienna and Northeastern. I personally read the east coast focus on the fact that they are giving up on Slu.

Looks like the Am12 have decided on adding ECU for all sports (was to be FB only) and also Tulsa. So I do not think there is any space for UMass. In my mind, and from all I am hearing, I think SLU is a lock, and it is between UR and VCU for the final spot. I think Dayton has somewhat fallen by the wayside.

The ECU move has sounded like a not-so-secret done deal for some time so shouldn't have affected the talk about UMass, I think they were just competition on Tulsa plus a backup on Navy or an ACC defection. Even if it isn't, now, if Metro likes UMass, there could very well be an opening soon enough.
yorost

Previous

Return to Big East basketball message board