NCAA Tourney - Creighton vs Duke

The home for Big East hoops

Postby admin » Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:54 am

Almost a 10 o'clock start on the east coast kind of sucks as this is the one game I most wanted to see today. Creighton will need to shoot it like Wichita State did last night to win I think, but it could happen.
admin
Site Admin

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: NCAA Tourney - Creighton vs Duke

Postby Hoya » Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:03 am

I'm going to stay up and watch it. I imagine all of the Georgetown fans in Philly would have been pulling for you, but I doubt there are any left.
Hoya

Postby ljay » Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:52 am

Funny thing about WSU is they are a bad shooting team but pretty athletic and the normal flow of a Creighton Shocker game is they rebound and defend hard while CU rains 3's on them so much so that the Shox coach derisively calls CU's style " Suburban HORSE". Then they go out last night and get worked in most regards giving up about 20 O boards but rain 14 3's on Gonzaga. HA!! Suburban HORSE isn't so bad!!

You're right though, CU needs to shoot well to have a chance.
ljay

Postby Vegas Jim » Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:07 pm

Tough test for the Jays, but they have a slight prayer. (no pun intended for the Holy Land site)
When Jays get range for their 3 point barrage, it's overwhelming & opens up a decent inside game, especially with Doug Mac and Greg E. During the season, thought Duke was not as good as usual in defense, especially on the parimeter. That 3 point line could be where the crucial action takes place.
The MVC teams are all aware of the Jays style and personnel, so league play is a challange, let alone quite physical. Jays played their arch-rival Shockers 3 times this season, taking a beating but winning 2 of 3. Shockers are just a tough, tough team, as the Zags found out. Lot to like for the Jays' chances even when I've seen not one pundit give them much of a chance. DuKe is Duke, after all, and demands respect against anyone.
The most respect Jays have been given actually seems to have come from from Coach K!
Vegas Jim

Postby TheDon » Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:29 pm

Duke should have been a 1 seed. Creighton got screwed having to play them while Wichita St got an over ranked Gonzaga team.
TheDon

Postby cufan10 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:55 pm

TheDon wrote:Duke should have been a 1 seed. Creighton got screwed having to play them while Wichita St got an over ranked Gonzaga team.

Yep getting screwed by the committee is nothing new for us Jays fans unfortunately. Last year was worse when we had to play UNC in f'n greensboro. Still had a shot at half time in that game though and that is the reason i still believe if we played them last year anywhere outside of the state of north carolina we could have taken them to the wire.
cufan10

Postby JohnBlueJay » Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:27 pm

Go Jays ! :D
JohnBlueJay

Postby anXUfan » Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:31 pm

On the bright side, a win against Duke always gets attention.
anXUfan

Postby Dew » Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:22 pm

I would love to see Duke lose. If Creighton was the one to oust them, all the better.
Dew

Postby jkc_dawgs » Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:27 pm

Torn between this game and the Miami game...
"I'm not coming out" -Rotnei Clarke

Go Dawgs
jkc_dawgs

Next

Return to Big East basketball message board