The home for Big East hoops

(2) NYD Big East Games 1/1/23

Postby MUPanther » Sun Jan 01, 2023 8:45 am

Providence at DePaul, 2:30pm, FS1 - Jeff Levering, Brian Butch
Line: Providence -6/148

Butler at Georgetown, 6:30pm, FS1 -Dan Kolko, Vin Parise
Line: Butler -3/144
Marquette Season Ticket Holder at Fiserv Forum
Milwaukee Panther Season Ticket Holder at UWM Panther Arena (MECCA)
MUPanther

(2) NYD Big East Games 1/1/23

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: (2) NYD Big East Games 1/1/23

Postby LMS » Sun Jan 01, 2023 12:53 pm

What would a Georgetown and DePaul parlay pay?
LMS

Postby Omaha1 » Sun Jan 01, 2023 8:38 pm

If it was live betting right now it would pay about a million dollars. Hoyas getting demolished at home by Butler.

Georgetown has got to make a change now.
Nebraska by birth, Creighton by choice.
Omaha1

Postby admin » Mon Jan 02, 2023 10:56 am

Georgetown has to remove Ewing soon. The local and national mocking of the program is too great at this point.
admin
Site Admin

Postby kayako » Mon Jan 02, 2023 11:53 am

Yeah I can't see how this goes on for another week, but more importantly Georgetown needs to conduct a thorough search for its next HC.
supernova
kayako

Postby hoops22 » Mon Jan 02, 2023 1:18 pm

The season is already a lost cause, they won't humiliate a Georgetown legend by removing him mid season. But there's no question both Georgetown and St john's will have new coaches next season, with one of them likely getting Pitino. My guess is it will be St John's, but if Georgetown wants him badly enough they could be formidable competition for the Johnnies.
hoops22

Postby Jasper67 » Mon Jan 02, 2023 2:18 pm

hoops22 wrote:The season is already a lost cause, they won't humiliate a Georgetown legend by removing him mid season. But there's no question both Georgetown and St john's will have new coaches next season, with one of them likely getting Pitino. My guess is it will be St John's, but if Georgetown wants him badly enough they could be formidable competition for the Johnnies.

Georgetown is unquestionably a horror show, but St. John’s just gave Anderson an extension 18 months ago that has another 4 & a half years to go. His team got off to an 11-1 start this season. I can’t see then bailing on him this quickly.
Jasper67

Postby hoops22 » Mon Jan 02, 2023 6:01 pm

The 11-1 start was due to a diet heavy on cupcakes. They haven't been competitive yet with anyone decent. The extension was idiotic, but not surprising to anyone familiar with the way the Johnnies do things. Unless there's a remarkable turnaround, this will be it for Anderson. I like him and felt bad about it, but he'll be walking away with millions, so how sorry can you feel for someone in that situation. Anderson has said this is his most talented team at St. John's, and look where they are. Meanwhile Iona is about 50 spots ahead of them in the NET and would likely be favored over the Johnnies if they played on a neutral court. Also Pitino has supposedly let it be known he's open to the St John's job. This one's so obvious that I doubt even St. John's can screw it up.
hoops22

Postby Xudash » Mon Jan 02, 2023 7:12 pm

At this point, especially for Georgetown, Rick Pitino would appear to be a no-brainer. The concern is his age: he is 70 years old. Clearly, he is doing well with Iona, so perhaps he has enough gas in the tank to get the Hoyas back on the right track, but Georgetown would have to look at it as a transitional plan that has a window of probably up to no more than five years.

Nonetheless, they sure as hell had better face reality, and do some thing soon. Actually, immediately.
XAVIER
Xudash

Postby Jasper67 » Mon Jan 02, 2023 9:46 pm

hoops22 wrote:The 11-1 start was due to a diet heavy on cupcakes. They haven't been competitive yet with anyone decent. The extension was idiotic, but not surprising to anyone familiar with the way the Johnnies do things. Unless there's a remarkable turnaround, this will be it for Anderson. I like him and felt bad about it, but he'll be walking away with millions, so how sorry can you feel for someone in that situation. Anderson has said this is his most talented team at St. John's, and look where they are. Meanwhile Iona is about 50 spots ahead of them in the NET and would likely be favored over the Johnnies if they played on a neutral court. Also Pitino has supposedly let it be known he's open to the St John's job. This one's so obvious that I doubt even St. John's can screw it up.

You have no argument from me about 11-1 being a mirage. I posted the same a week or two ago. And I have no argument with you about the quality of Anderson’s coaching. I’m just saying that Anderson will not be fired after what will be 4 straight winning seasons. Not after having been renewed so recently. It’s not the way the politics of these things work.
Jasper67

Next

Return to Big East basketball message board