2022 Bluenotes Basketball Preview shows

The home for Big East hoops

Postby gtmoBlue » Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:51 am

gtmo's Bluenotes NCAA Basketball Preview is up. Link: https://youtu.be/P4Uva6mGH48

Fanta & Nyatawa were invited, updated, and given a same-day reeminder (after last year)-no showed, as had other 'commitments'.
Cole Pepper, Tristan Freeman, and NovaChap carried on in Bristol Fashion. I may have inserted one too many HLOH cards, lol?

The BE Preview will air tomorrow 24 Aug 2022, @ 09:01 hrs. :D

Link: https://youtu.be/PwqLzMVoGWs

Enjoy!
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." - Mahatma Gandhi
"Top tier teams rarely have true "down" years and find a way to stay relevant every year." - Adoraz

Creighton
gtmoBlue

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: 2022 Bluenotes Basketball Preview shows

Postby Django » Sat Sep 24, 2022 5:37 pm

Awesome stuff Git! Was that intentional to cut off Chap’s entire preview or a “technical difficulty?” I loved all the love for Kaluma he’s my choice for Big East POY.

The HLOH graphic with my my Man Papá Francisco is the best promo I’ve seen since old school public access channels. They definitely need to triple your contract for next year! (Three times zero is still zero but you can at least get the new negotiation on paper.)

Go Jays!

Go Big East
Django

Postby gtmoBlue » Sat Sep 24, 2022 10:01 pm

The technical difficulties were real. I have Movistar as my ISP, there are only 4 ISP's here and Movistar seems to be the worst one.
We didn't lose any footage from the NCAA one. Lost a bit of the opening on the BE vid though.
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." - Mahatma Gandhi
"Top tier teams rarely have true "down" years and find a way to stay relevant every year." - Adoraz

Creighton
gtmoBlue

Postby Django » Sun Sep 25, 2022 5:42 am

Yeah I saw both and the discussions were great, Tristan and Colepepper had some good insights and Chap really had your back by running the show when you dropped off so I thought it was somewhat cruel that his Big East preview was cut… of course it created some baked in drama, most certainly after your top 4!!! :lol: Nova FOURTH?! Cmon man!

So who were Chaps top 4 BE?
Django

Postby Novachap » Sun Sep 25, 2022 8:34 am

[quote="Django"]Yeah I saw both and the discussions were great, Tristan and Colepepper had some good insights and Chap really had your back by running the show when you dropped off so I thought it was somewhat cruel that his Big East preview was cut… of course it created some baked in drama, most certainly after your top 4!!! :lol: Nova FOURTH?! Cmon man!

So who were Chaps top 4 BE?[/quotes

Thanks Django, yeah it was a hoot!

1. Creighton
2. Nova
3. Uconn
4. Xavier

Not earth shattering... 4-7, like most years are interchangeable imo. Could be Prov, seton hall butler or Marquette too. Who the heck knows!

Don't think the Blue Jays run away with it. Will be a lot closer than most think. So many good teams once again no nights off. Your picks?
Novachap

Postby Django » Sun Sep 25, 2022 9:38 am

Novachap wrote:
Django wrote:Yeah I saw both and the discussions were great, Tristan and Colepepper had some good insights and Chap really had your back by running the show when you dropped off so I thought it was somewhat cruel that his Big East preview was cut… of course it created some baked in drama, most certainly after your top 4!!! :lol: Nova FOURTH?! Cmon man!

So who were Chaps top 4 BE?[/quotes

Thanks Django, yeah it was a hoot!

1. Creighton
2. Nova
3. Uconn
4. Xavier

Not earth shattering... 4-7, like most years are interchangeable imo. Could be Prov, seton hall butler or Marquette too. Who the heck knows!

Don't think the Blue Jays run away with it. Will be a lot closer than most think. So many good teams once again no nights off. Your picks?

Yes, great job, y’all do this site proud! … my picks are pretty irrelevant because I’m just a Creighton fan and don’t follow other teams like I should. Your picks look about right, I was very happy to see Justin Moore tell Fanta he expects to be back by the Big East season! Great news, Nova was poised to win it all till he went down. I think we all are hopeful for Neptune, Jay was the HERO of the entire Big East reboot and I think the whole conference is very sad to see him move on. I hadn’t heard the rumors you mentioned about the reason for his departure.
Django

Postby Xudash » Sun Sep 25, 2022 11:15 am

Great job, guys. Insightful and fun to watch.

Some good banter mixed in there, too.
XAVIER
Xudash

Postby RichPalace » Sun Sep 25, 2022 1:55 pm

I watched the show and liked it - thanks to all involved.

My first post on HLOH, but have been lurking for many years. I live in England, but a year spent teaching in New Jersey 23 years ago turned me into a Seton Hall fan, specifically, but also a Big East fan in general. It is a weird sort of passion as I am reasonably ambivalent about basketball, but come winter and spring, I follow Big East basketball almost as much as English football and am emotionally invested in the fortunes of all Big East teams. I guess it helped that I was Catholic living in a part of the world populated by Big East teams; furthermore as the big state schools left 10 years ago or so, it gave the conference an underdog feel that was easy to cheer for. It is a strange sort of fandom, though.

As for the coming season, in my limited knowledge I think that Butler might surprise and crack the top five in conference as they have some very good pieces and an excellent coach. I think that St. John's might do a little worse than projections as they might struggle to score. But in general, it seems like a very balanced conference with no really weak teams and should be a tight and exciting season.
RichPalace

Postby gtmoBlue » Sun Sep 25, 2022 2:19 pm

Admin/Billyjack:

Was there enough HLOH slides for your liking? I thought I may have overdone it a bit?
Thanks for sponsoring. git.

Creighton
gtmoBlue

Postby kayako » Sun Sep 25, 2022 9:44 pm

RichPalace wrote:I watched the show and liked it - thanks to all involved.

My first post on HLOH, but have been lurking for many years. I live in England, but a year spent teaching in New Jersey 23 years ago turned me into a Seton Hall fan, specifically, but also a Big East fan in general. It is a weird sort of passion as I am reasonably ambivalent about basketball, but come winter and spring, I follow Big East basketball almost as much as English football and am emotionally invested in the fortunes of all Big East teams. I guess it helped that I was Catholic living in a part of the world populated by Big East teams; furthermore as the big state schools left 10 years ago or so, it gave the conference an underdog feel that was easy to cheer for. It is a strange sort of fandom, though.

As for the coming season, in my limited knowledge I think that Butler might surprise and crack the top five in conference as they have some very good pieces and an excellent coach. I think that St. John's might do a little worse than projections as they might struggle to score. But in general, it seems like a very balanced conference with no really weak teams and should be a tight and exciting season.

Welcome aboard. Being overseas myself, I know it isn't easy following college BB!
supernova
kayako

Next

Return to Big East basketball message board