A Review of the Friars

The home for Big East hoops

A Review of the Friars

Postby OmahaGuy » Sat Mar 26, 2022 10:18 am

An incredible season comes to an end for the Providence Friars. Let's review!

OUT
*Nate Watson
*Al Durham (going pro)
*AJ Reeves (going pro)
*Noah Horchler
*Brycen Goodine (transferring to Fairfield)
*Legend Geeter (transferring to Eastern Michigan)
*Justin Minaya (going pro)

STAY
*Jared Bynum
*Alyn Breed
*Ed Croswell

IN
*Jayden Pierre
*Quante Berry
*Legend Geeter
*Rafael Castro
*Noah Locke (transfer from Louisville)
*Clifton Moore (transfer from La Salle)
*Devin Carter (transfer from South Carolina)
*Corey Floyd (transfer from UConn)
*Bryce Hopkins (transfer from Kentucky)

My 0.02:
Wow. Just a fantastic season for the Friars. First Big East regular season championship and their first Sweet 16 since 1997? That's pretty damn good! But MAN they're losing A LOT. Only (for now) returning 3 significant players. Now Ed Cooley is one of the best coaches in the country so I wouldn't completely count them out but as of now, I see an NIT-at-best year next season. But we shall see!
Last edited by OmahaGuy on Sun May 08, 2022 9:54 am, edited 12 times in total.
OmahaGuy

A Review of the Friars

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: A Review of the Friars

Postby Jet915 » Sat Mar 26, 2022 10:48 am

Hopefully with the fantastic season Cooley can reload in the transfer market.
Jet915

Postby Vill » Sat Mar 26, 2022 10:52 am

Great season, but to think there won't always be a giant * is an illusion. Say what you want about the Cats last and the Covid impacted schedule last year, but the Friars went 1-3 against Nova and Creighton and PC didn't even make the trip to Omaha, so let's say 1-4. Then they caught a 12 seed in the NCAA. Geesh.

I hope you enjoyed it while it lasted, because my hunch is that this is the end of the road rather than the beginning of something big.
Vill

Postby Friarsfan94 » Sat Mar 26, 2022 11:33 am

Croswell’s back, and Vill, don’t hold onto that hope. You will be very disappointed.
Friarsfan94

Postby FloridaFriar » Sat Mar 26, 2022 11:42 am

The biggest mystery is why some people from a school on the other side of the Mississippi have such an obsession with the Friars? I must say it is the only school with such readily available reasons or excuses for every loss they've ever encountered. Since joining the Big East and letting everyone know of your greatness only Villanova, Seton Hall, Georgetown, and Providence have won the Big East Championship. Your head to head against the luckiest team in America since joining the league is a losing 9-11 record. And an all-time losing record against America's luckiest team of 13-18. Yet the year in review is written and only commented on by the BirdShit fans? Go figure!
FloridaFriar

Postby kayako » Sat Mar 26, 2022 12:02 pm

FloridaFriar wrote:The biggest mystery is why some people from a school on the other side of the Mississippi have such an obsession with the Friars? I must say it is the only school with such readily available reasons or excuses for every loss they've ever encountered. Since joining the Big East and letting everyone know of your greatness only Villanova, Seton Hall, Georgetown, and Providence have won the Big East Championship. Your head to head against the luckiest team in America since joining the league is a losing 9-11 record. And an all-time losing record against America's luckiest team of 13-18. Yet the year in review is written and only commented on by the BirdShit fans? Go figure!

Um, it sounds like you're obsessed with them.
supernova
kayako

Postby pc5151 » Sat Mar 26, 2022 12:36 pm

Vill wrote:Great season, but to think there won't always be a giant * is an illusion. Say what you want about the Cats last and the Covid impacted schedule last year, but the Friars went 1-3 against Nova and Creighton and PC didn't even make the trip to Omaha, so let's say 1-4. Then they caught a 12 seed in the NCAA. Geesh.

I hope you enjoyed it while it lasted, because my hunch is that this is the end of the road rather than the beginning of something big.

Haha you should probably take a shower and wash that sand out of your vagina. Sob sob its not fair that PC didn't have to play everyone and then they played a 12 seed...you sound pathetic
pc5151

Postby billyjack » Sat Mar 26, 2022 1:04 pm

I would guess "Vill" is a Villanova fan east of the Mississippi... not Creighton, right?
Providence
billyjack

Postby Wizard of Westroads » Sat Mar 26, 2022 1:04 pm

billyjack wrote:I would guess "Vill" is a Villanova fan east of the Mississippi... not Creighton, right?

Correct, not one of us.
Wizard of Westroads

Postby Omaha1 » Sat Mar 26, 2022 1:19 pm

Why are you attacking Creighton fans? I think the post season write ups are pretty awesome.
Nebraska by birth, Creighton by choice.
Omaha1

Next

Return to Big East basketball message board