A Review of the Bluejays

The home for Big East hoops

A Review of the Bluejays

Postby OmahaGuy » Sun Mar 20, 2022 1:03 pm

OUT
*Keyshawn Feazell
*Alex O'Connell
*Ryan Hawkins
*Modestas Kancleris (transferring to Cal State Bakersfield)

STAY
*Ryan Nembhard
*Ryan Kalkbrenner
*Arthur Kaluma
*Trey Alexander
*Shereef Mitchell
*Rati Andronikashvili

IN
*Mason Miller
*Ben Shtolzberg
*Jasen Green
*Frederick King
*Baylor Scheierman (transfer from South Dakota State)
*Francisco Farabello (transfer from TCU)

My 0.02:
Wow. I mean......wow. What a season. These guys lost almost their entire team that made the Sweet 16 last year. This team was among the youngest in the country. That showed when they had to fight to the finish to beat lowly teams like Arkansas-Pine Bluff, Kennesaw State and SIU-Edwardsville. But they also showed their potential of how good they can be in wins over BYU, Nova and at UConn. They grew up so fast this year and despite all the awful luck with injuries from losing Nembhard at St John's to losing Kalk in the first round vs SDSU, they kept fighting and took heavily favored Kansas to the wire. This team wasn't supposed to compete for a BET title, weren't supposed to be in the NCAA Tourney (let alone to comfortably make it) and they weren't supposed to win a game there. I used to be Mac's harshest critic on here. These last 3 years he's proven me and so many others wrong. I'm now solidly on Team Mac. This year was unquestionably the best coaching job of his career. If all goes according to plan, put your shades on my friends 8-) the future is BRIGHT IN OMAHA

UPDATE: An already bright future just got even brighter with the addition of Baylor Scheierman. That dude is a ballplayer and he makes Creighton a legit Final Four contender. Praying for an injury-free season! Easier said than done given Creighton's horrible luck with injuries and the wear and tear of the Big East season
Last edited by OmahaGuy on Tue May 03, 2022 12:57 pm, edited 6 times in total.
OmahaGuy

A Review of the Bluejays

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: A Review of the Bluejays

Postby gtmoBlue » Sun Mar 20, 2022 9:20 pm

Wow. Such a nice review on your part Omahaguy. Thanks.

However, since you're over 30, you should know that nothing ever, ever, goes according to plan. So go ahead and make all of your plans,
but be prepared Boyscout, to have to make course corrections, alterations, and damage control measures as needed.
In extreme cases - Break out plan B (or C) - as needed.

As for the Jays... Congrats on exceeding the preseason BE Coach's Poll...AGAIN. For the umpteenth season.

You done real good, Jays! Proud o' you. ;)

Jays should snag a transfer or 2, or perhaps a Top 100 decommit? We shall see.
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." - Nicholas Klein (1918)
"Top tier teams rarely have true "down" years and find a way to stay relevant every year." - Adoraz

Creighton
gtmoBlue

Postby MUPanther » Wed Mar 23, 2022 9:27 pm

Marquette Season Ticket Holder at Fiserv Forum
Milwaukee Panther Season Ticket Holder at UWM Panther Arena (MECCA)
MUPanther

Postby admin » Thu Mar 24, 2022 6:15 am

MUPanther wrote:https://twitter.com/GoodmanHoops/status/1506807841440641025?t=mEzsjI9J83hmlx6DGe4tSg&s=19

It is important for the league to show that it isn't a coaching minor league for guys to "move up" to a FBS school. Wright, Cooley, and McDermott have all made commitments to their programs. Big East has added Shaka and Miller the past two years. The league should be in pretty good hands with these guys.
admin
Site Admin

Postby Vill » Sat Mar 26, 2022 10:54 am

If I had to bet on a league program or two that I think is ready to be a national player (ie, Final Four and beyond) it probably starts with Creighton. I also like the potential for Marquette long term.

Let's see how the Jays handle being the hunted instead of the hunter next season because you'll probably be a Top 15 team in the preseason and 1st or 2nd in the Big East poll.
Vill

Postby kayako » Sat Mar 26, 2022 12:18 pm

Vill wrote:Let's see how the Jays handle being the hunted instead of the hunter next season because you'll probably be a Top 15 team in the preseason and 1st or 2nd in the Big East poll.

Need to find a big and a scorer from the guard/wing position. With their 'let em fly' reputation, and now firmly established as a tourney mainstay, McDermott should have no problem finding whatever they need in the transfer portal. Get healthy, guys.
supernova
kayako

Postby Jet915 » Tue Mar 29, 2022 1:22 pm

Jet915

Postby gtmoBlue » Tue Mar 29, 2022 2:28 pm

Vill wrote:If I had to bet on a league program or two that I think is ready to be a national player (ie, Final Four and beyond) it probably starts with Creighton. I also like the potential for Marquette long term.

Let's see how the Jays handle being the hunted instead of the hunter next season because you'll probably be a Top 15 team in the preseason and 1st or 2nd in the Big East poll.

Yo Vill... It's always best to be the lead dog...just ask JW and Gumby!
Jays generally start fast...lull/bumps in January...finish strong in February. Could be tough to catch 'em
next season. (Except at Radnor and the Dunk... :lol: :roll: :twisted: )
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." - Nicholas Klein (1918)
"Top tier teams rarely have true "down" years and find a way to stay relevant every year." - Adoraz

Creighton
gtmoBlue

Postby Jet915 » Fri Apr 08, 2022 12:08 pm

Kancleris in the portal, Jays have 2 open scholarships.
Jet915

Postby MUPanther » Sun Apr 17, 2022 7:08 pm

TCU transfer Francisco Farabello has committed to Creighton. 39% from three.
Marquette Season Ticket Holder at Fiserv Forum
Milwaukee Panther Season Ticket Holder at UWM Panther Arena (MECCA)
MUPanther

Next

Return to Big East basketball message board