A Review of the Bulldogs

The home for Big East hoops

A Review of the Bulldogs

Postby OmahaGuy » Fri Mar 11, 2022 6:26 pm

Butler's rocky season is complete. Let's review!

OUT
*Bo Hodges
*Aaron Thompson
*Ty Groce
*Bryce Nze
*Christian David
*Jair Bolden
*Bryce Golden (transferring to Loyola Chicago)

STAY
*Simas Lukosius
*Chuck Harris
*DJ Hughes
*Myles Wilmoth
*Jayden Taylor
*Myles Tate

IN
*Ali Ali (transfer from Akron)
*Jalen Thomas (transfer from Georgia State)
*Manny Bates (transfer from NC State)
*Eric Hunter (transfer from Purdue)
*Connor Turnbull

My 0.02:
Butler was a head-scratching team this year. They would sometimes give you a game and even pick you off like they did in home wins over Creighton and Marquette. Other times, they just looked awful. 6-14 in conference play. Their only good non-con moment was winning at Oklahoma. I think the LaVall Jordan experiment should be finished in Indianapolis. He's been there for 5 years and only went to the NCAA Tourney in his first year with Chris Holtmann's recruits. No dancing since then. It's time for a change.

If Jordan is let go, the new coach potentially could have some good pieces to work with in Harris and Lukosius. The latter has become a stud

UPDATE: Jordan has been let go. Kind of a d*** move by Collier to wait until April 1st when the buyout got cheaper. That made it harder for him and his assistants to find other jobs since a lot of those jobs that were open are now taken. Shameful! Anyway, I sure hope Butler can hire someone that pleases their base and the league!
UPDATE 2: Butler did just that!! Bringing back Thad Matta is big time!! I just hope his health is in good shape and he's ready to go! Butler got one of the best in the game!
Last edited by OmahaGuy on Sun May 08, 2022 9:53 am, edited 11 times in total.
OmahaGuy

A Review of the Bulldogs

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: A Review of the Bulldogs

Postby Wizard of Westroads » Sat Mar 12, 2022 10:46 am

Myles Tate? Also, somebody on the broadcast said Golden might come back. That would be big.

Not my team, but I think it’s a mistake to give up on Jordan. If you watched the X game, you can see the guy can coach. (While Steele can’t.) Butler’s had a rough couple of years with injuries and Covid, but they’ve got young talent. Butlerguy or someone said Simo should have been on the all freshman team, and he was right. UConn’s Hawkins? He’ll probably be a better player long term, but he was mostly invisible in big games. Taylor’s good too, so is Chuck. Good building blocks.

The main concern I’d have for Butler is if some of the players bail in the offseason, so the AD ought to be talking to them now. If the roster blows up, then maybe it’s time for a new coach, but otherwise, I’d keep Laval.
Wizard of Westroads

Postby OmahaGuy » Sat Mar 12, 2022 11:58 am

Wizard of Westroads wrote:Myles Tate? Also, somebody on the broadcast said Golden might come back. That would be big.

Not my team, but I think it’s a mistake to give up on Jordan. If you watched the X game, you can see the guy can coach. (While Steele can’t.) Butler’s had a rough couple of years with injuries and Covid, but they’ve got young talent. Butlerguy or someone said Simo should have been on the all freshman team, and he was right. UConn’s Hawkins? He’ll probably be a better player long term, but he was mostly invisible in big games. Taylor’s good too, so is Chuck. Good building blocks.

The main concern I’d have for Butler is if some of the players bail in the offseason, so the AD ought to be talking to them now. If the roster blows up, then maybe it’s time for a new coach, but otherwise, I’d keep Laval.

Just added Myles Tate. I didn't have him at first because he only played 9 games. We'll see about Golden. Will update when necessary
OmahaGuy

Postby kmacker69 » Sat Mar 12, 2022 4:47 pm

Golden has already said that he's coming back, but I wouldn't count on anything until we know what happens with Coach...
Lets go Dawgs!
kmacker69

Postby OmahaGuy » Fri Mar 25, 2022 4:01 pm

Been a couple weeks since Butler's season ended. Still no word on LaVall Jordan's status.....what's the holdup?
OmahaGuy

Postby kayako » Fri Mar 25, 2022 4:23 pm

kmacker69 wrote:Golden has already said that he's coming back, but I wouldn't count on anything until we know what happens with Coach...

https://twitter.com/ButlerBBHQ/status/1507422479760863232?s=20&t=ZjhI4bnPu5jSOd1dp_EXBg

Coaching change imminent or maybe he just changed his mind?
supernova
kayako

Postby Omaha1 » Fri Mar 25, 2022 4:52 pm

kayako wrote:
kmacker69 wrote:Golden has already said that he's coming back, but I wouldn't count on anything until we know what happens with Coach...

https://twitter.com/ButlerBBHQ/status/1507422479760863232?s=20&t=ZjhI4bnPu5jSOd1dp_EXBg

Coaching change imminent or maybe he just changed his mind?

Saw him watching his brother playing for Richmond. Wonder if that could be a destination.
Nebraska by birth, Creighton by choice.
Omaha1

Postby OmahaGuy » Sun Apr 03, 2022 11:24 am

Big time hire for Butler!! Love to see Thad Matta return home! This league is stacking up the good coaches!
OmahaGuy

Postby butlerguy03 » Wed Apr 06, 2022 10:53 am

Butler University '03
butlerguy03

Postby butlerguy03 » Mon Apr 11, 2022 7:56 am

Ali Ali committed to Thad next day after a visit.

Luko rumored to be contacted by several schools, including **shutters** Indiana...gross.
Butler University '03
butlerguy03

Next

Return to Big East basketball message board