Big NIL News

The home for Big East hoops

Big NIL News

Postby stever20 » Thu Feb 03, 2022 11:44 am

Just saw this-
https://twitter.com/darrenrovell/status ... 8248626177

Starting this Fall, Fans will be able to get college football jerseys with players names on the back and the players will get paid.

You would think this would apply in basketball as well eventually. I mean think UConn and how many little girls would want Paige Buckets jerseys.
stever20

Big NIL News

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Big NIL News

Postby DudeAnon » Thu Feb 03, 2022 7:09 pm

So cool, can't wait to deck my kids out in some X jerseys
Xavier

2018 Big East Champs
DudeAnon

Postby Django » Thu Feb 03, 2022 8:51 pm

Absolutely fantastic news, long overdue for something like this. I wish Touchdown Tommie Frazier could have been paid for my #15 Husker jerseys back in the day.

So if this passes for basketball next year it will be difficult to pin down who I would choose if it’s only one jersey. Close call between Kalkbrenner and Alexander. Hmmm or will it be Kaluma or Nembhard... it’s actually a 4-way tie
Django

Postby gtmoBlue » Thu Feb 03, 2022 10:00 pm

Django wrote:Absolutely fantastic news, long overdue for something like this. I wish Touchdown Tommie Frazier could have been paid for my #15 Husker jerseys back in the day.

So if this passes for basketball next year it will be difficult to pin down who I would choose if it’s only one jersey. Close call between Kalkbrenner and Alexander. Hmmm or will it be Kaluma or Nembhard... it’s actually a 4-way tie

The article says aggregate rights, so when it passes for basketball, a customer can choose any &/or all jersey numbers- he has to pay for them of course.
So gtmo can buy all of the active jerseys, including my 'famous' #13...currently worn by Mason Miller. Formerly by many including Chris Bishop (shown).

"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." - Mahatma Gandhi
"Top tier teams rarely have true "down" years and find a way to stay relevant every year." - Adoraz

Creighton
gtmoBlue

Return to Big East basketball message board