2019 BE Non-Conference Schedules...

The home for Big East hoops

Re: 2019 BE Non-Conference Schedules...

Postby FriarJ » Wed May 09, 2018 10:36 pm

stever20 wrote:
FriarJ wrote:
Looks like PC gets South Carolina with a Michigan matchup waiting.

shows how big those 1st round exempt tournament games are some times. If PC wins 1st round, yes would get Michigan. But if PC loses 1st round, stuck with GW. A HUGE difference in SOS there....

Of course that is true but it seems to be our home away from home arena. We have never lost there. Rumor has it we might see UConn there every year where the schools split the proceeds. That would be amazing.
FriarJ

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby stever20 » Wed May 09, 2018 10:51 pm

FriarJ wrote:
stever20 wrote:
FriarJ wrote:
Looks like PC gets South Carolina with a Michigan matchup waiting.

shows how big those 1st round exempt tournament games are some times. If PC wins 1st round, yes would get Michigan. But if PC loses 1st round, stuck with GW. A HUGE difference in SOS there....

Of course that is true but it seems to be our home away from home arena. We have never lost there. Rumor has it we might see UConn there every year where the schools split the proceeds. That would be amazing.

The Houston game last year was there and lost that by 11.
stever20

Postby X-man » Thu May 10, 2018 5:54 am

stever20 wrote:
FriarJ wrote:PC is also apparently getting Michigan and South Carolina in the HOF Tipoff Classic at Mohegan. I love the way PC has been scheduling since the BE was reformed.

So BC, URI, UMASS, Wichita State, Michigan/S. Carolina and apparently one more top 50ish opponent as a home game.

Is the Mohegan a bracketed tourney, or is it preset matchups? Do know GW is in there as well. If they could get both Michigan and South Carolina out of that tourney- that'd be huge. I'd kind of guess if it is bracketed that it'd be 1st round Michigan/GW and South Carolina/Providence. Where PC would have to beat South Carolina to get Michigan.

Depending on BC, RI, and Wichita- may need a bit more on the bone though. That's a schedule that could go south depending on those 3.

If wishes were horses, eh stever? God, your anti-BEast dreams get old! Please, just spend your time on AAAAAACCCCCboards where you actually support the teams and conference. Spend your time and energy following "interesting" teams like UCF and WSU instead of pretending to be a fan of the BEast..
Xavier will surprise. Never count them out of the Dance.
X-man

Postby Westbrook#36 » Thu May 10, 2018 9:17 am

X-man wrote:If wishes were horses, eh stever? God, your anti-BEast dreams get old! Please, just spend your time on AAAAAACCCCCboards where you actually support the teams and conference. Spend your time and energy following "interesting" teams like UCF and WSU instead of pretending to be a fan of the BEast..

Yeah I wonder how much time stever spends contemplating how aaaaacccc teams or other conference teams like the Pac-12. SEC, etc, ooc/exempt tourney schedules could go south on them if they lose opening round games? As if this occurrence can only happen to BE teams. :roll:
Westbrook#36

Postby stever20 » Thu May 10, 2018 9:57 am

Westbrook#36 wrote:
X-man wrote:If wishes were horses, eh stever? God, your anti-BEast dreams get old! Please, just spend your time on AAAAAACCCCCboards where you actually support the teams and conference. Spend your time and energy following "interesting" teams like UCF and WSU instead of pretending to be a fan of the BEast..

Yeah I wonder how much time stever spends contemplating how aaaaacccc teams or other conference teams like the Pac-12. SEC, etc, ooc/exempt tourney schedules could go south on them if they lose opening round games? As if this occurrence can only happen to BE teams. :roll:

I definitely think with all teams- the exempt 1st round games are huge. Such a huge difference between winners and losers brackets. Normally not quite as much in 4 team brackets(see NIT with Marquette)- but especially in the 8 team brackets.

I do think PC is counting on the exempt tourney more than a normal team for their OOC SOS. Outside the Exempt tourney they have BC(just lost a guy staying in the NBA draft), Wichita(lost a lot), Rhode island(lost their coach). UMass is in there- but they're not good. Supposedly no Gavitt game this year. For a team that could be on the bubble for the NCAA tourney, that's not a good OOC schedule. Having Michigan on there would be a help- would be quite possibly the only tier 1 game on the OOC schedule. They have 4 more OOC games.
stever20

Postby Novachap » Thu May 10, 2018 10:39 am

Yeah, it really screwed Nova royally last year when Arizona and Purdue were upset in Atlantis., RPI never recovered... oh, wait.

Even presuming a "down" year in the BE due to the anticipated talent drain, I think the depth and quality of the league is still going to be elite... probably top 3/4 again in the country. On the other hand, with Wichita State hemorrhaging their best players from a severely under performing team, Cinc losing key players and on and on...not sure the AAC is anywhere near closing the gap. Moving the goalposts with each argument, ain't gonna make it any better.
Novachap

Postby stever20 » Thu May 10, 2018 10:44 am

Novachap wrote:Yeah, it really screwed Nova royally last year when Arizona and Purdue were upset in Atlantis., RPI never recovered... oh, wait.

Even presuming a "down" year in the BE due to the anticipated talent drain, I think the depth and quality of the league is still going to be elite... probably top 3/4 again in the country. On the other hand, with Wichita State hemorrhaging their best players from a severely under performing team, Cinc losing key players and on and on...not sure the AAC is anywhere near closing the gap. Moving the goalposts with each argument, ain't gonna make it any better.

Top teams have a lot more margin for error there. For bubble teams like Providence- it can make a huge difference. They need to play Michigan instead of GW. If they don't- PC's best OOC game would probably be a questionable Rhode Island team.
stever20

Postby FriarJ » Thu May 10, 2018 11:01 am

stever20 wrote:
The Houston game last year was there and lost that by 11.

Good call I had forgotten that, we were never in that game it seemed.
FriarJ

Postby gtmoBlue » Thu May 10, 2018 12:38 pm

Creighton surprisingly still has 2 open spots? Word is they're waiting on the recruiting dust to settle. Most expect mid-range or cupcakes dependent upon how the recruiting goes, if good pickup, then midrange games, if no or lame pickup, then cupcakes. I say two upper tier Big Ten teams since we probably will not be in this year's Gavit Games slate. But no one at CU listens to old git.

Needless to say but I think my Jays r gonna be real good...especially since most of your teams are taking big hits. I'm thinking top tier...possibly the championship. It's me gtmo...what'd you expect? ;)
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." - Mahatma Gandhi
"Top tier teams rarely have true "down" years and find a way to stay relevant every year." - Adoraz

Creighton
gtmoBlue

Postby Novachap » Thu May 10, 2018 2:18 pm

GTMO, don't you have the away game at Bemidji State? ;)
Novachap

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board