NBA Draft

The home for Big East hoops

Re: NBA Draft

Postby stever20 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:11 am

scoscox wrote:Crazy to have 4 2,000 point scorers go undrafted along with the Kareem award winner. Different NBA than it used to be. Seniors can't get no respect

it's not only seniors. Look at the drop for Thomas. One of the things that was noted was that he was already 22 years old.
stever20

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Jet915 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:48 am

Sucks Khyri didnt get drafted in 1st round but it looks like he's in a good situation in Detroit. They had no 1st rounders, seems to fill a need in Detroit and Casey will play young guys. Plus, according to Dauster, very high probability he will get paid.

https://collegebasketball.nbcsports.com/2018/05/10/in-the-money-second-round-picks-cash-in-guaranteed-contracts-at-exceedingly-high-rates/amp/
Jet915

Postby scoscox » Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:50 pm

Sounds like all of our guys will be in the summer league. Trevon with the Pelicans, Kaiser with the Bulls, JP with the Hornets on a two way contract, and Kanter hasn't picked a team yet apparently still deciding. Pretty cool. Hopefully they all have good showings.

I saw Delgado, Rodriguez, Martin, and Foster all got summer league spots. It'll be fun to watch them go at each other again.
scoscox

Postby stever20 » Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:10 pm

so I saw a mock draft on ESPN for next season. only 1 Big East player in the entire 60 man draft- #24 Shamorie Ponds- the top junior projected in the draft.
stever20

Postby BEXU » Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:17 am

JP Macura signed a 2 way deal with the Hornets:

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/baske ... charlotte/
BEXU

Postby X-man » Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:56 am

stever20 wrote:so I saw a mock draft on ESPN for next season. only 1 Big East player in the entire 60 man draft- #24 Shamorie Ponds- the top junior projected in the draft.

Wow, that sure seems to be incontrovertible evidence that the Big East sucks, eh stever?
Xavier will surprise. Never count them out of the Dance.
X-man

Postby Rolfe » Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:42 am

X-man wrote:
stever20 wrote:so I finally found the best anti snoring devices and saw a mock draft on ESPN for next season. only 1 Big East player in the entire 60 man draft- #24 Shamorie Ponds- the top junior projected in the draft.

Wow, that sure seems to be incontrovertible evidence that the Big East sucks, eh stever?

Not sure what to think about this. Macura is an enigma to me. I wish him luck though.
Last edited by Rolfe on Sat Dec 10, 2022 8:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
Rolfe

Postby GumbyDamnit! » Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:30 pm

X-man wrote:
stever20 wrote:so I saw a mock draft on ESPN for next season. only 1 Big East player in the entire 60 man draft- #24 Shamorie Ponds- the top junior projected in the draft.

At this time last year Donte DiV. and Omari Spellman were not anywhere near the 2018 mock draft and yet both went first round. So, yeah, that list clearly means a lot.
Go Nova!
GumbyDamnit!

Postby adoraz » Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:52 pm

Very clearly a reloading year, but I'd be shocked if that's the case.

Ponds is a pretty safe pick. Pretty much everyone agrees he will not return for his Senior year. Unless he has a disappointing year, he'll be a 1st or 2nd round pick.

One of the half dozen Top 50 incoming recruits will probably be a one and done. Heron, if eligible this year, will likely be going to the draft too. Not sure about the other BE teams, but somebody always surprises while projected draft picks often don't pan out.

Also, even if only one Big East player is drafted next year, that means the conference will be STACKED for 2019-20. I hope the league doesn't have a big draft year again, we need to reload.
Johnnies
adoraz

Postby stever20 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:34 pm

adoraz wrote:

Very clearly a reloading year, but I'd be shocked if that's the case.

Ponds is a pretty safe pick. Pretty much everyone agrees he will not return for his Senior year. Unless he has a disappointing year, he'll be a 1st or 2nd round pick.

One of the half dozen Top 50 incoming recruits will probably be a one and done. Heron, if eligible this year, will likely be going to the draft too. Not sure about the other BE teams, but somebody always surprises while projected draft picks often don't pan out.

Also, even if only one Big East player is drafted next year, that means the conference will be STACKED for 2019-20. I hope the league doesn't have a big draft year again, we need to reload.

I guess a question is what players were looked at for the draft this year came back besides Ponds?

Also, wouldn't say any of the top 50 incoming recruits will probably be a one and done. None of these are higher than #29 on the incoming recruit list.

I think also we've seen a number of top notch guys reclassifying into the 2018 class. I think that's going to impact the 2019 draft big time.

If there ever was going to be a year where the Big East would have only 1 draft pick, it would be next year I think.
stever20

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board