NBA Draft

The home for Big East hoops

Re: NBA Draft

Postby butlerguy03 » Tue May 01, 2018 6:54 am

jfan wrote:A little surprised Kelan Martin isn't a higher projection.

Kelan Martin has an NBA-type body, but needs to get more accurate with the 3-point shot. He didn't really impress much at Portsmouth - averaged 9.7 ppg and shot 3's at 31%.
Butler University '03
butlerguy03

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby kayako » Wed May 02, 2018 1:30 pm

I have no inside information whatsoever, but I think the Nova nation is slowly starting to accept that we may lose 4 starters to the NBA next season. But I have full confidence in the team to at least remain in the hunt next season. We're going after Cremo, but I'd argue that a pf/c big body is the bigger priority, especially if Swider can't log in enough meaningful minutes as stretch 4/5. No one knows if Painter is even a Big East caliber athlete yet.
supernova
kayako

Postby Friarsfan94 » Wed May 02, 2018 2:16 pm

kayako wrote:I have no inside information whatsoever, but I think the Nova nation is slowly starting to accept that we may lose 4 starters to the NBA next season. But I have full confidence in the team to at least remain in the hunt next season. We're going after Cremo, but I'd argue that a pf/c big body is the bigger priority, especially if Swider can't log in enough meaningful minutes as stretch 4/5. No one knows if Painter is even a Big East caliber athlete yet.

Swider-stretch 4, sure. 5? Lol...no...
Friarsfan94

Postby kayako » Thu May 03, 2018 4:34 am

Friarsfan94 wrote:Swider-stretch 4, sure. 5? Lol...no...

Yeah, I have my doubts. That's my main worry without Spellman.
supernova
kayako

Postby hortle » Tue May 08, 2018 8:28 pm

I am starting to think Khyri could actually stay. if it has taken him this long to decide, he must really, really want to come back for another year of college. With him projected as high as the late teens, that's a lot of money to put on the line. Not saying I don't want him to return (khyri please return), but if he does he'll be a local legend in benson and omaha, possibly on the level of doug..
hortle

Postby gtmoBlue » Thu May 10, 2018 12:17 pm

Khyri's gone. We should cease hoping he will return. Omaha needs another pro player - as Boone, Briscoe, Gibson, Boozer, Sayers, & Rodgers are all grey haired. Plan, recruit, and prepare as though he is gone - cause he is. ;)

Khyri and Patton's turn to carry Omaha's torch as pros. :)
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." - Mahatma Gandhi
"Top tier teams rarely have true "down" years and find a way to stay relevant every year." - Adoraz

Creighton
gtmoBlue

Postby Savannah Jay » Thu May 10, 2018 12:45 pm

hortle wrote:I am starting to think Khyri could actually stay. if it has taken him this long to decide, he must really, really want to come back for another year of college. With him projected as high as the late teens, that's a lot of money to put on the line. Not saying I don't want him to return (khyri please return), but if he does he'll be a local legend in benson and omaha, possibly on the level of doug..

Agree with gtmo...he has very little incentive to stay and millions of reasons to go. He is not going to raise his stock very much, and the potential cost of an injury if he came back is huge (and his buddy Patton suffered the type of injury that would have cost him millions had he returned to Creighton). I think the only reason he hasn't said for sure is because he wants to go through the evaluation process, which is next week. NBA teams can interview up to 18 players, I believe, and once he has teams saying "if you're there at 18, we are taking you" or something similar, that's what he needs to confirm. Right now, it's all the "experts" making the mock drafts. He needs to hear it from the decision makers.
Savannah Jay

Postby Friarsfan94 » Fri May 11, 2018 6:26 am

kayako wrote:
Friarsfan94 wrote:Swider-stretch 4, sure. 5? Lol...no...

Yeah, I have my doubts. That's my main worry without Spellman.

There is zero doubt that Swider is a fantastic player. Just nowhere near a 5. He’s not even a real 4. He’s basically a 3 who grew too much and because of that wasn’t quick enough to play the 3 lol. Again, phenomenal player, ridiculous shooter, just will not last more than 5 minutes at the 5 spot in the Big East.
Friarsfan94

Postby Omaha1 » Sun May 13, 2018 3:03 pm

Khyri staying in draft. Good for him. Bad for us.
Nebraska by birth, Creighton by choice.
Omaha1

Postby gtmoBlue » Sun May 13, 2018 6:13 pm

Disagree. This is the boost needed to close 2018 strong and to compete in 2019 recruiting. :D
Last edited by gtmoBlue on Sun May 13, 2018 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." - Mahatma Gandhi
"Top tier teams rarely have true "down" years and find a way to stay relevant every year." - Adoraz

Creighton
gtmoBlue

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board