The C7 and the NBE

The home for Big East hoops

Re: The C7 and the NBE

Postby gtmoBlue » Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:09 am

kayako wrote:
gtmoBlue wrote:Just what do you mean specifically, Willis? Some of us are not chronic BEasterners and this conversation is out in the weeds.
3 and 4 are fairly obvious.

1) Only Nova is winning consistently?
2) Only Nova is recruiting well?
3) The NE and Mid Atlantic recruiting grounds are wide open due to the demise of the old member schools?
4) If UConn, Pitt, S'cuse, BC rebound back to respectability that our schools will do much worse recruiting the NE and Mid-ATL?

We need to get more schools to get good and stay good, because some combination of schools in your point 4 will return inevitably.

The BE typically has 5-6 good teams... we get 5-7 bids to the dance per year. Isn't that good enough? Someone has to be the bottom in a 10 team league and
I have no issue with that, as long as it ain't my team.

As for Pitt, S'cuse, and BC returning to respectability - Hah, doesn't seem to be much to worry about! Pitt and BC are ACC bottom dwellers, S'cuse is a mid tier team...good luck with a return to glory.
UConn is in a similar boat - can't beat the top tier in the AAC...good luck to them all.

PS: Creighton can take its' turn at the bottom when I am dead and gone. However, I plan to make Sister Jean look lke a teenager, lol. ;)
Last edited by gtmoBlue on Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." - Mahatma Gandhi
"Top tier teams rarely have true "down" years and find a way to stay relevant every year." - Adoraz

Creighton
gtmoBlue

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby kayako » Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:18 am

gtmoBlue wrote:The BE typically has 5-6 good teams... we get 5-7 bids to the dance per year. Isn't that good enough?

It's more than good enough right now. My point was really we (5 schools in the NE) have access to larger share of the pie now than back in the 16 team goliath league days. Maybe I sounded more critical than I intended, but just saying we can do better.
supernova
kayako

Postby gtmoBlue » Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:54 am

Other than doing better/better performances in the NCAAs - more teams to the SS and EE - the BE as a 10-team league has hit its' ceiling. Only in an unusual year
could we have more than 5-6 good teams or 7-8 ncaa bids. Not sure how you see us getting better, unless you are specifically talking NCAA performance(s), which you haven't
previously mentioned.
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." - Mahatma Gandhi
"Top tier teams rarely have true "down" years and find a way to stay relevant every year." - Adoraz

Creighton
gtmoBlue

Previous

Return to Big East basketball message board