Next Year.

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Next Year.

Postby TBC Alum » Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:16 am

mel ott wrote:Anywhere from 3-6th depending. If Khyri comes back and the returners develop I can see a 3 and if he doesn't but the others develop, I would see 3-6 range. Also, a lot depends on all the BE teams and how they do with grad transfers.

I'm with Mel on this. I have to admit that my opinion / hope comes more from the Jays tradition of revamping and reloading rather than being able to point to specific players filling specific roles. Don't get me wrong. I love the pieces that Mac has in place and look forward to a transfer or 2. It seems like one role player goes through an off-season off-the-charts development each year.
CU clap clap CU
TBC Alum

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby gtmoBlue » Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:08 am

Oh guys... I luv it when folks bend over backwards to be nice, politically correct, or inoffensive. Here, allow me to interject a bit.

I think the Jays will land 3rd or 4th next season...probably 4th: ;)

1. Prov
2. Marquette
3. Nova
4. Creighton

I'm not 100% sold on Prov and this order and things will change...my thinking will change after the NBA draft deadline and we see who is really going
from the various teams.
I will also update prior to 15 August 18 to account for late additions to rosters.
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." - Mahatma Gandhi
"Top tier teams rarely have true "down" years and find a way to stay relevant every year." - Adoraz

Creighton
gtmoBlue

Postby ChestRockwell85 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:00 pm

Hoya33 wrote:1. Villanova
2. Providence
3. St. John's
4. Georgetown
5. Butler
6. Marquette
7. Creighton
8. Xavier
9. Seton Hall
10. DePaul

Wait, isn't Tariq Owens transferring? And didn't the 2018 Top 100 big guy from Seattle decommit? I am not saying St. John's won't have a decent season next year but 3 seems a little high. If Ponds doesn't come back it could be a lot worse.

No offense SJU fans!
1985 / 2016 / 2018 NATIONAL CHAMPS gtmoBlue is my homeboy
ChestRockwell85

Postby GumbyDamnit! » Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:54 pm

gtmoBlue wrote:Oh guys... I luv it when folks bend over backwards to be nice, politically correct, or inoffensive. Here, allow me to interject a bit.

1. Prov
2. Marquette
3. Nova
4. Creighton

I'm not 100% sold on Prov and this order and things will change...my thinking will change after the NBA draft deadline and we see who is really going
from the various teams.
I will also update prior to 15 August 18 to account for late additions to rosters.

Unless both DD and Spellman bolt I'm having a hard time thinking that 3rd is a possible spot for Nova. Would be willing to throw some Philly Cheeseteaks on the table for some Omaha Steaks to make it interesting if you are so inclined... ;)

In terms of PC, I believe they are a (somewhat) sleeping giant. It will be interesting to see if UConn can be revived. Because as of now I believe PC is the 2nd best program in the NEast. Not Cuse, not UConn, not Georgetown, not Maryland, not Penn St., not Temple or St. Johns or BC. Cooley can recruit and can coach. I think PC is the closest to what Jay and Nova are doing honestly--building a culture and a program. He has just been a bit unlucky with early departures, injuries and ineligibility. But he is getting the talent and his players seem to like playing for him and they play hard at all times. I think they'll be top half of the league for a while.
Go Nova!
GumbyDamnit!

Postby Doge McDermott » Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:12 pm

GumbyDamnit! wrote:Unless both DD and Spellman bolt I'm having a hard time thinking that 3rd is a possible spot for Nova. Would be willing to throw some Philly Cheeseteaks on the table for some Omaha Steaks to make it interesting if you are so inclined... ;)

Omaha steaks are overrated. Ask for a Runza instead.
Doge McDermott

Postby MUBoxer » Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:21 pm

Is Jessie govan staying?
Marquette 2013
NUI-Galway 2019
MUBoxer

Postby bmorex » Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:56 pm

In transfer news today:

- Xavier received a commitment from big man Zach Hankins of D-2 Ferris State. Zach was the D2 National Player of the Year and Ferris State also won the D2 National Championship.
- Jeff Goodman is reporting that Kassuom Yakwe is transferring from St. John's.
bmorex

Postby BEhomer » Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:11 pm

bmorex wrote:In transfer news today:

- Xavier received a commitment from big man Zach Hankins of D-2 Ferris State. Zach was the D2 National Player of the Year and Ferris State also won the D2 National Championship.
- Jeff Goodman is reporting that Kassuom Yakwe is transferring from St. John's.

nice size with decent shooting touch from outside. perfect compliment to Tyrique. exactly what they were missing after losing both Omara and Kanter. I like what Steele is doing already.
BEhomer

Postby Friarsfan94 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:24 pm

GumbyDamnit! wrote:
gtmoBlue wrote:Oh guys... I luv it when folks bend over backwards to be nice, politically correct, or inoffensive. Here, allow me to interject a bit.

1. Prov
2. Marquette
3. Nova
4. Creighton

from the various teams.

Unless both DD and Spellman bolt I'm having a hard time thinking that 3rd is a possible spot for Nova. Would be willing to throw some Philly Cheeseteaks on the table for some Omaha Steaks to make it interesting if you are so inclined... ;)

In terms of PC, I believe they are a (somewhat) sleeping giant. It will be interesting to see if UConn can be revived. Because as of now I believe PC is the 2nd best program in the NEast. Not Cuse, not UConn, not Georgetown, not Maryland, not Penn St., not Temple or St. Johns or BC. Cooley can recruit and can coach. I think PC is the closest to what Jay and Nova are doing honestly--building a culture and a program. He has just been a bit unlucky with early departures, injuries and ineligibility. But he is getting the talent and his players seem to like playing for him and they play hard at all times. I think they'll be top half of the league for a while.

Ahhhhh, you are a wise one, Mr. Gumby. You are one of the first people who doesn’t rock the black and white shades to share that view with us. Nova is our goal, and that is exactly where Providence fans see their trajectory heading. Jay had the same type of tourney disappointment as Cooley before getting over the hump. I think PC is so damn close. Just break through that first weekend of the tourney and the floodgates will open for Providence’s future.
Friarsfan94

Postby hoyahooligan » Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:49 pm

Way too early projections

1) Nova
2) Marquette
3) Creighton
4) Providence
5) Georgetown
6) Xavier
7) Butler
8) Seton Hall
9) St. John's
10) DePaul

Will definitely change a lot between now and the start of the season.

Really I think it's

Nova

Everyone else

Seton Hall, St. John's, DePaul
hoyahooligan

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board