Next Year.

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Next Year.

Postby gtmoBlue » Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:39 pm

We have starbucks down here, but no drivethru's so no Kofi Cockburn. :lol:

We do experience Kofi Dollarburn, damn they are expensive.
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." - Mahatma Gandhi
"Top tier teams rarely have true "down" years and find a way to stay relevant every year." - Adoraz

Creighton
gtmoBlue

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby marquette » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:21 pm

stever20 wrote:
marquette wrote:If Marquette is an 11 seed next year and we don't have a miracle run to the sweet 16, Wojo will begin to feel some heat.

Marquette was 2nd team in with Lunardi so it might be even worse than you think.

I'm definitely a little concerned about next season, although we return everyone except Rowsey, due to our lack of an obvious point guard candidate. Wojo is pursuing some options at PG but the expectations for next year are higher regardless of whether he lands one. Wojo sold the school on a plan for high level sustainability that has been very accurate so far, but that vision is supposed to culminate next season and continue on throughout his tenure (with an expected up or down season here or there). If Wojo fails to be in the top 4 of the Big East or get a 7 seed or better to the NCAA tournament, then he needs a deep run in the tourney to offset the expectations he has set for himself and the program. To his credit, Wojo's reported plan has been eerily accurate to this point, but next season he needs to deliver or his seat will begin getting warm.
This is my opinion. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

Class of '16
marquette

Postby MUBoxer » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:44 pm

stever20 wrote:
marquette wrote:If Marquette is an 11 seed next year and we don't have a miracle run to the sweet 16, Wojo will begin to feel some heat.

Marquette was 2nd team in with Lunardi so it might be even worse than you think.

This is a very stupid take maybe look at things like value add that are grounded in facts as opposed to poor bracketologists guessing
Marquette 2013
NUI-Galway 2019
MUBoxer

Postby X-man » Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:11 am

stever20 wrote:
X-man wrote:
gtmoBlue wrote:Lunardi's bracket- 04Apr18

Listed in order of seedings... I think he's way off. Marquette very low, no Providence in the mix.
Butler and X too high as compared to previous listings on this thread.

1Villanova 1 seed
2Butler 6 seed
3Xavier 8 seed
4Creighton 10
5Seton Hall 10
6Marquette 11

Lunardi is one of the worst bracketologists. He and Palm are both terrible. Lunardi is #68 and Palm is #82 in this ranking... http://bracketmatrix.com/rankings.html .

You do understand both are above average. Neither one are remotely close to the bottom- so hardly worst by any stretch.

You're profess to be a math guy, stever. There are 127 bracketologists in the ranking. Both Lunardi, at #68, and Palm, at #82, are quite literally in the bottom half of the rankings....hardly "above average".
Xavier will surprise. Never count them out of the Dance.
X-man

Postby stever20 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:22 am

last year the average bracketologist got a score of 337.8. Lunardi had 344 and Palm 343. So that's above average.... Even with the rating, if you add in all the new people- Lunardi would be #92 of 187. Which would be even with that just above average. People here for some reason want to act like he's awful. But he's just not. The numbers just don't show that at all.
stever20

Postby X-man » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:36 am

Stever20, why do you go onto another BE board to trash BE posters-me in particular-on this board (Link: https://csnbbs.com/thread-774558-post-15252214.html#pid15252214)? Better yet, why don't you just stop pretending to be a BE fan. Everyone knows that you are really an AAAAAAAACCCCC fan pretending to be a BE fan. You ought to be embarrassed.
Xavier will surprise. Never count them out of the Dance.
X-man

Postby stever20 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:17 am

X-man wrote:Stever20, why do you go onto another BE board to trash BE posters-me in particular-on this board (Link: https://csnbbs.com/thread-774558-post-15252214.html#pid15252214)? Better yet, why don't you just stop pretending to be a BE fan. Everyone knows that you are really an AAAAAAAACCCCC fan pretending to be a BE fan. You ought to be embarrassed.

I am a basketball fan. I call it as I see it. You are like so many folks not only here but in this country- you don't like something, just say it's fake news or he's one of the worst, when clearly he's not. To act like what Lunardi posted isn't reasonable is absolute comedy- Villanova 1 seed, Butler 6 seed(so 21-24, where you see a lot of folks putting them), Xavier 8, Creighton and Seton Hall 10, an Marquette 11 barely getting in. How in the hell is that not reasonable? Just tell me that. Frankly, I'd switch Seton Hall with Providence. It's not like there's preseason stuff with 5 big east teams in the top 25 and he's ignoring that.
stever20

Postby FriarJ » Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:40 pm

X-man wrote:Stever20, why do you go onto another BE board to trash BE posters-me in particular-on this board (Link: https://csnbbs.com/thread-774558-post-15252214.html#pid15252214)? Better yet, why don't you just stop pretending to be a BE fan. Everyone knows that you are really an AAAAAAAACCCCC fan pretending to be a BE fan. You ought to be embarrassed.

That entire thread is just one big "if" By Mr. IF If this had happened, if this had happened, if this had happened. If that little sperm had not made it to that egg, we would all be better off on this board. What a loser!
FriarJ

Postby GumbyDamnit! » Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:27 pm

Every village needs an idiot. I have enjoyed laying out indisputable facts to him over the years and watching him pathetically move goalpost after goalpost. It’s actually pretty fun.
Go Nova!
GumbyDamnit!

Postby kayako » Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:23 am

I feel like the AAC has had to some degree buzzards luck while the Big East has had extremely good luck.

lol
supernova
kayako

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board