Nova Review

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Nova Review

Postby Novachap » Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:06 pm

At the parade in Philly today, Jay just said Booth will be back next year. Waiting on Donte and Spellman next. Pretty evident that Bridges and Brunson are gone...

What a Nova career for Brunson in 3 years. 2 Nattys, National Player of the year, #14 all time in points at Nova and #13 in assists.... if he stayed, would have been #1 in assists and either #1 or #2 in scoring. Remarkable career.
Novachap

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Savannah Jay » Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:10 pm

Novachap wrote:At the parade in Philly today, Jay just said Booth will be back next year. Waiting on Donte and Spellman next. Pretty evident that Bridges and Brunson are gone...

What a Nova career for Brunson in 3 years. 2 Nattys, National Player of the year, #14 all time in points at Nova and #13 in assists.... if he stayed, would have been #1 in assists and either #1 or #2 in scoring. Remarkable career.

And a fun player for the rest of us to watch, save the 2 or 3 times a year we each had to face him.
Savannah Jay

Postby stever20 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:30 pm

saw I think it was Gotleib say that if Brunson stayed and Nova won another title next year- that Brunson would have to be on the modern college basketball Mount Rushmore.
stever20

Postby kayako » Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:35 pm

Novachap wrote:At the parade in Philly today, Jay just said Booth will be back next year. Waiting on Donte and Spellman next.

I thought Booth is better off starting his professional career now, but obviously the player himself doesn't think so. He's all-conference good when healthy, just gotta stay healthy... We'll probably have to wait until late May for Omari and Donte's to make their decisions. If I am Paschall, I'd give it a go without an agent as well.
supernova
kayako

Postby gtmoBlue » Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:30 pm

Gotta hope that Spellman and/or Paschall also leave. If not it's gonna be a long season. Quinerly is the scary one, not Gillespie or Cosby-Roundtree.
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." - Mahatma Gandhi
"Top tier teams rarely have true "down" years and find a way to stay relevant every year." - Adoraz

Creighton
gtmoBlue

Postby ChestRockwell85 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:04 pm

gtmoBlue wrote:Gotta hope that Spellman and/or Paschall also leave. If not it's gonna be a long season. Quinerly is the scary one, not Gillespie or Cosby-Roundtree.

gtmo! You're my boy! Word around Villanova is that Donte and Spellman will both test the waters but both intend on coming back. Paschall and Booth definitely coming back. Bridges definitely gone and likely gonna get drafted around 9th. Brunson is 90% gone, has won 2 championships, NPOY, has graduated in 3 years, etc. BUT he is not a guaranteed first rounder and has expressed interest in coming back so who knows, but as of right now, I'd say Bridges and Brunson gone, everybody else coming back.
1985 / 2016 / 2018 NATIONAL CHAMPS gtmoBlue is my homeboy
ChestRockwell85

Postby gtmoBlue » Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:14 pm

Well that's interesting news. Gonna be a crowded backcourt if Brunson stays. Problems of the rich.
The good thing is that they can't all play at once. Brunson, Gillespie, Quinerly...Technically Cosby and Gillespie have
been recruited over with Quinerly. Send your tired, poor, and disgruntled this way, we've got a spot or 2 open. :lol:
Unfortunately, we've got a sh_tload of guards...Could use a PF or 2...Is Paschall graduating? ;)
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." - Mahatma Gandhi
"Top tier teams rarely have true "down" years and find a way to stay relevant every year." - Adoraz

Creighton
gtmoBlue

Postby kayako » Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:38 pm

gtmoBlue wrote:Technically Cosby and Gillespie have been recruited over with Quinerly.

I look at Gillespie as a combo guard who was never expected to start for at least the first couple of seasons, so I'm not sure I can agree with that. And we haven't recruited a center since Dada...
supernova
kayako

Postby kayako » Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:41 am

gtmoBlue wrote:Gonna be a crowded backcourt if Brunson stays

Expected since the beginning of the season, but Brunson is officially gone.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2311 ... -nba-draft

Now the real anxiety begins with Spellman, Paschall, and Divincenzo.
supernova
kayako

Postby Jet915 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:42 am

Goodluck to Jalen, what an awesome career.
Jet915

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board