Villanova - 2018 National Champions

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Villanova - 2018 National Champions

Postby novahoops11 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:13 pm

Looking forward to another season as the NATIONAL CHAMPIONS!!!

novahoops11

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Westbrook#36 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:24 pm

Thanks so much for the support, hard to put into words what I'm feeling right now. Congratulations to the team, coaches, and staff, so proud. I know this, the BE plays a big part in this championship, you guys make us better. No easy nights in the BE, losses to Butler, Providence, Creighton, & St. John's sharpened the steel.
Westbrook#36

Postby kayako » Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:37 pm

Where's the Villanova Review? :D
supernova
kayako

Postby JPSchmack » Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:54 pm

Congratulations Nova fans.
JPSchmack

Postby sju88grad » Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:54 pm

Westbrook#36 wrote:Thanks so much for the support, hard to put into words what I'm feeling right now. Congratulations to the team, coaches, and staff, so proud. I know this, the BE plays a big part in this championship, you guys make us better. No easy nights in the BE, losses to Butler, Providence, Creighton, & St. John's sharpened the steel.

Glad to have helped!!! ;)

Hope you can return the favor one day! :lol:
sju88grad

Postby slysyl » Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:13 am

Way to go NOVA, from a Xavier fan. Love the way you took Mish apart.
slysyl

Postby XU chico » Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:06 am

Congratulations, Nova! Just about as dominating a tournament as I can remember. Great team, great coach.
XU chico

Postby ArmyVet » Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:07 am

That was awesome to see. Another National Title for the conference. Way to go Nova.
ArmyVet

Postby cu blujs » Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:15 am

Just dismantled Michigan after the first 10 minutes, and thoroughly frustrated Wagner after making an adjustment on how they were defending him at the first media timeout. Wagner was mentally beat by about the 15 minute mark 2nd half when he picked up the T. Even when refs decided they were going to give Michigan a boost in the first 12 minutes of the second half with some ridiculous ticky tack calls while no-calls at the other end, guys said no way (And how about the one ref, old white guy for lack of a better description, with the super animated foul calls? Talk about a guy trying to be bigger than the game). Biggest thing to me was the strength to stick with the game plan and not panic when 3s didn't drop early on. Could have been a 30 point beat down had some of those threes not rimmed out in the first half. And terrific, tough rebounding on the defensive glass all night. I was surprised to see in the Box Score they gave up 10 offensive boards to Michigan, because I couldn't think of more than one or two looking back. But, when Michigan was cutting the lead to a dozen and flirting several times with the chance to get it back to single digits, your guys pulled down some huge boards in traffic - and then DiVincenzo nonchalantly drops those back to back 3 point daggers. Well, color me impressed.

How about a shout out to Creighton, Butler, Providence and the Johnnies for knocking them out of the overall national No. 1 see so they didn't run into Maryland Baltimore Shore first round? :D Your welcome.
cu blujs

Postby muskienick » Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:26 am

To think that no National Champion ever before has won in such a dominating manner (every game finished with a double-digit margin)! Even "The Wizard of Westwood's" teams didn't accomplish this with the likes of Abdul Jabbar, Walton, and a ton of other first-team All-Americans. Jay Wright and his staff are simply the best there is at all aspects of the College Game: recruiting, conditioning, practice strategies, match-ups, and in-game adjustments. They set the bar very high which, in the long run, should cause an already very good Big East Conference to get even better.

Go Wildcats!!!!!!!!!! We admire you greatly!
muskienick

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board