Sweet 16 - Villanova vs West Virginia

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Sweet 16 - Villanova vs West Virginia

Postby kayako » Sat Mar 24, 2018 2:45 pm

stever20 wrote:It'll be interesting to see if he tests the NBA draft process this year. The run that turned the game around in the 2nd half- that sure looked like an NBA prospect. He wouldn't be the first guy to parlay an NCAA run into NBA draft position. Looked a bit like a Draymond Green IMO. And we know what he's done in the pros.

He will, because there's no harm in doing so. I try not to overrate Nova players, but there's definitely room for 4/5 hybrid that can shoot the 3 and rebound. If he can improve his defense, with his wingspan he's 1st round material. I doubt it happens this year, but it's possible if he measures well at the combine.
supernova
kayako

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby gtmoBlue » Sat Mar 24, 2018 4:25 pm

Yep. Konate made a Big mistake trying to get in Paschall's flightpath. There was no stopping that dunk.
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." - Mahatma Gandhi
"Top tier teams rarely have true "down" years and find a way to stay relevant every year." - Adoraz

Creighton
gtmoBlue

Postby stever20 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:39 am

kayako wrote:
stever20 wrote:It'll be interesting to see if he tests the NBA draft process this year. The run that turned the game around in the 2nd half- that sure looked like an NBA prospect. He wouldn't be the first guy to parlay an NCAA run into NBA draft position. Looked a bit like a Draymond Green IMO. And we know what he's done in the pros.

He will, because there's no harm in doing so. I try not to overrate Nova players, but there's definitely room for 4/5 hybrid that can shoot the 3 and rebound. If he can improve his defense, with his wingspan he's 1st round material. I doubt it happens this year, but it's possible if he measures well at the combine.

Didn't get to see the game on Sunday, but on Friday night, that run 2nd half with him there those 2 minutes or so- wow. Defense, offense, rebounding, everything. 46 points in the tourney so far with 29 rebounds and 9-19 3 point shooting. Prototypical stretch 4 in the NBA now I think.

And I think he'll measure well- from an NBA draft blog-
Measured 6'8, 272 lbs with a 7'1 wingspan at the 2014 Nike Elite 100 ... Measured 6'9 (in shoes) 268 lbs, with a 7'1 wingspan at the 2014 LeBron James Skills Academy ... Measured 6’9.5’’ in shoes, with a 7'1.5’’ wingspan and 269 lbs at the 2015 Nike Basketball Academy

interesting part from a Boston blog-
http://www.masslive.com/expo/erry-2018/ ... llman.html

from it-
Spellman would be intriguing as well. It's unclear whether the big man would come out this year, since he's shining on a big stage, but unlisted in Jonathan Givony's top 100 (he might be a great test-the-water candidate). The 3-point shot (44.4 percent this year) looks like it's very for real, and the defense/quick feet/size will all help him at the next level as well.

The Celtics could use a stretchy four who can protect the rim, especially if he can rebound, and Spellman has a higher defensive rebounding rate than Duke's Marvin Bagley. Boston would need to watch a lot of film and make sure that's for real, but if it is, Spellman could help sooner rather than later.
stever20

Postby Bill Marsh » Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:56 pm

kayako wrote:

My guess is that it very likely happens this year.
Bill Marsh

Previous

Return to Big East basketball message board