*Greg Elliot
*Theo John
*Harry Froling

IN
*Ike Eke
*Joey Hauser
*Ed Morrow (transfer from Nebraska)

THOUGHTS
A roller coaster season comes to an end for Marquette with a decent run in the NIT. Marquette fans should be pretty optimistic since they only lose one significant player (barring transfers). Idk much about Eke but Joey Hauser is a great get and will definitely be a good shooter alongside his brother and Howard. Morrow played good minutes at Nebraska and was a good rebounder.
OmahaGuy

Marquette Review

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Marquette Review

Postby Fieldhouse Flyer » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:19 pm

OmahaGuy wrote:
A roller coaster season comes to an end for Marquette with a decent run in the NIT.

If it’s any consolation, Marquette has the richest men's college basketball program in the Big East, and is in the Top 10 in the country. Georgetown is the only other Big East program to make the Top 25 list:

The 25 schools that make the most money in college basketball - Brandon Wiggins, UK Business Insider - March 17, 2018
The Louisville Cardinals men's basketball team has been wrecked with scandal recently, and even had to vacate its most recent title. The good news for the Cardinals, however, is they are still the richest men's college basketball program in the country. Based on the most recent data, the Cardinals have the highest revenue of any program in the country, and it is not even that close. Below is a closer look at the 25 richest programs in college basketball.

1. University of Louisville —$43,960,492
2. Duke University — $34,398,285

9. Marquette University — $19,327,629
14. Georgetown University — $17,702,377
Fieldhouse Flyer

Postby MUBoxer » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:22 pm

I have major hopes for the next two seasons to be back to where buzz left off before his last season. If we fail that then consider me off the wojo bandwagon.
Marquette 2013
NUI-Galway 2019
MUBoxer

Postby GoldenWarrior11 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:27 pm

The best part about our season ending is the fact that we can no longer give up any more points.
GoldenWarrior11

Postby GumbyDamnit! » Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:20 am

There is no reason MU can’t be a Top 3 BE finisher next year. Wojo needs to get this team scrappy and hungry on the defensive end.
Go Nova!
GumbyDamnit!

Postby cu blujs » Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:23 am

No doubt you will miss Rowsey's shooting, but you will also be much better defensively without him and Marcus on the floor together. I think other people can pick up the scoring Rowsey did, and if they can figure out how to defend, you won't need to score as many points.
cu blujs

Postby kayako » Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:08 am

If Howard can play the point adequately, I think Marquette is a top 20 team. But is he a PG?
supernova
kayako

Postby GoldenWarrior11 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:30 am

kayako wrote:If Howard can play the point adequately, I think Marquette is a top 20 team. But is he a PG?

He is not a point guard, no.
GoldenWarrior11

Postby MarquetteRustler » Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:34 am

Another "In" for Marquette is Brendan Bailey. Top 100 SF who has been on a Mormon mission the last two years. MU really needs to add a PG that can handle the ball and defend. Howard cannot handle the ball full time.
MarquetteRustler

Postby aughnanure » Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:09 am

MarquetteRustler wrote:Another "In" for Marquette is Brendan Bailey. Top 100 SF who has been on a Mormon mission the last two years. MU really needs to add a PG that can handle the ball and defend. Howard cannot handle the ball full time.

Thia. OmahaGuy does a great jobs with these, but he forgot about Bailey here (which makes sense since he is listed in the 2016 class). He’s 6’8, supposedly has a great shot, and will be 20ish. Marquette gets so much bigger next year with Morrow, Hauser, and Ike ... all 6’8 or above. I can’t imagine a scenario where Marquette does not get an immediately eligible PG transfer - we will be so attractive for any grad transfer out there with our size and shooting (even our non Hauser—Rowsey-Howard guards made threes at a good rate). We have the playing time and scoring support to make a pass first, defensive-proficient PG look at us hard.

Rumors that Froling may leave, which I hope is not true. I think he can still turn into something and he is by far the best rebounding big from this season (Morrow will be our best next year). One of the biggest reasons I identified for why I believe Marquette underachieved was that we ended up having Heldt play 20+ minutes a game instead of the 8-12 I was hoping for when Froling became eligible. He is a great big to have on the bench to spell minutes, but if you have to rely on him to be your primary center, that’s a big limitation.
“All men dream; but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act out their dreams with open eyes to make it possible”
aughnanure

Next

Return to Big East basketball message board