Omg the AAC is out.
Nebraska by birth, Creighton by choice.
Omaha1

AAC sucks haha Stever

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: AAC sucks haha Stever

Postby stever20 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:22 pm

with the way today has gone, might want to hold off posting this until the Xavier game is over.....
stever20

Postby herodotus » Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:13 pm

stever20 wrote:with the way today has gone, might want to hold off posting this until the Xavier game is over.....

Have to admit, you called it right.
herodotus

Postby stever20 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:20 pm

herodotus wrote:
stever20 wrote:with the way today has gone, might want to hold off posting this until the Xavier game is over.....

like I started it, with the way today has gone. Just one of those incredible days.

Nova catches a bad break in that all the good teams left are going to be in their half of the bracket. West Virginia, Texas Tech, Purdue, Syracuse, Duke, Clemson, and Kansas. On the other half of the bracket- you have Florida St, Gonzaga, Texas A&M, Michigan, Kentucky, Kansas St, Loyola, and Nevada. Just assume them and Kentucky meet in the final...
Nova would have to get thru West Virginia, TT/Purdue, and Syracuse/Duke/Clemson/Kansas
Kentucky would have to get thru Kansas St, Loyola/Nevada, Florida St/Gonzaga/Texas A&M/Michigan
stever20

Postby herodotus » Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:27 pm

Well, Penny Hardaway to the rescue. Memphis will be in the Top 5 in a couple of years, soon to be followed by a third vacated Final Four.
herodotus

Postby Omaha1 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:29 pm

The Big East collectively sucking doesn't change the point of my post. We could still end up with the national champion after all.
Nebraska by birth, Creighton by choice.
Omaha1

Postby Toronto Rapture » Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:33 pm

stever20 wrote:
herodotus wrote:

like I started it, with the way today has gone. Just one of those incredible days.

Nova catches a bad break in that all the good teams left are going to be in their half of the bracket. West Virginia, Texas Tech, Purdue, Syracuse, Duke, Clemson, and Kansas. On the other half of the bracket- you have Florida St, Gonzaga, Texas A&M, Michigan, Kentucky, Kansas St, Loyola, and Nevada. Just assume them and Kentucky meet in the final...
Nova would have to get thru West Virginia, TT/Purdue, and Syracuse/Duke/Clemson/Kansas
Kentucky would have to get thru Kansas St, Loyola/Nevada, Florida St/Gonzaga/Texas A&M/Michigan

Tough day for the conference. Its gonna be tough, but Nova can make it out of there. The other side is just wide open, but I would favor Gonzaga and Kentucky, although I would not be surprised if they got bounced too the way things are going.
Last edited by Toronto Rapture on Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"...Bull doggin'...like them Georgetown Hoyas..." Big Boi from Outkast
Toronto Rapture

Postby herodotus » Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:34 pm

Omaha1 wrote:The Big East collectively sucking doesn't change the point of my post. We could still end up with the national champion after all.

Is it ok to hope for a Nova-Gonzaga Final?
herodotus

Postby billyjack » Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:13 am

I actually didn't mind Houston and Cincinnati this year. Cronin is annoying as usual, but they had a good year. Wichita was good, but their fans got too full of themselves.

The lower end of the AAC just remains horrible.
Providence
billyjack

Postby kayako » Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:56 am

Cinci and Wichita proving how kenpom can be gamed by trashing bad teams all season. Gonzaga too, but they've been gifted easy tournament draws lately...
supernova
kayako

Return to Big East basketball message board