Butler Review

The home for Big East hoops

Butler Review

Postby OmahaGuy » Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:50 pm

Great season for the Dawgs under a new coach!

OUT
*Kelan Martin
*Tyler Wideman

STAY
*Paul Jorgensen
*Nate Fowler
*Henry Baddley
*Kamar Baldwin
*Sean McDermott
*Aaron Thompson

IN
*Markesse Hastings
*Jordan Tucker (transfer from Duke who will be eligible in December)

Good season for Butler. Martin will go down as one of the best Butler players history. Pretty good group of players coming back (barring anyone transferring) and I think Tucker as soon as he's eligible will be a good replacement for Martin. I'm not sure what to think of LaVall Jordan just yet. Like I said earlier in another thread, I tend to judge coaches based on their own recruits and not the previous coaches recruits. He looks good so far though.
OmahaGuy

Butler Review

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Butler Review

Postby kayako » Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:57 pm

What happened to Brunk?
supernova
kayako

Postby BEhomer » Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:32 pm

Butler is the team that I see take a big step down next year. they lose leading scorer and best big and not enough to replace either. Jordan Tucker is a good shooter with size but not sure about other facets of his game. Brunk has been a big disappointment. I don't think you can count on him for anything next year. nate fowler at 5 for 38+ min? can McDermott and Tucker step up and provide enough scoring behind Baldwin? can Thompson develop any kind of jumpers?
BEhomer

Postby XUFan09 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:33 pm

Brian Snow made a note somewhere that because Brunk was taking care of his dad dying of cancer and the rest of his family, he wasn't really doing anything in terms of basketball or athletics. Because of that, his redshirt year was not a developmental year at all and actually set him back and he's only just recently got into basketball shape. Maybe he'll bounce back now that he's in good shape and consistently playing basketball, or maybe all that happened to him has just caused him to lose too much of his ability.
Gangsters in the locker room
XUFan09

Postby kmacker69 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:02 pm

We'll be picked to have a down year, say finish 8th, and we will reload and improve and be right back in the thick of things... I'll say if we get a grad transfer 4 that can get boards, watch out! We keep current rooster I think we are about the same as this year with a little more replacing Martin's scoring by committee. Thompson will find a shot next year and be deadly the year after... With his foot speed that will make us a ton better all by itself!
Lets go Dawgs!
kmacker69

Postby milksteak » Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:03 pm

If my math is correct, Butler will return 72.5% of its minutes, which is a lot in today’s day and age. Most of the people returning are role players, however. Kamar really needs to step up his leadership on the court and be THE man. Gonna be an interesting team.

If i had to guess, they’re an NIT team and wildly inconsistent like they were this year.
"I am a penned-up, leashed dog right now, and I can't wait to get started for Butler University."
- Barry Collier, August 1, 2006
milksteak

Postby Jet915 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:49 am

Jon Rothstein
Jon Rothstein
@JonRothstein
Butler and Ole Miss will start a home-and-home series next season at Hinkle Fieldhouse, per release. Return game in Oxford in 19-20.
Jet915

Postby Nildogg » Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:21 pm

Added to the Florida series, there are some interesting non-conf games to add to the schedule.
Nildogg

Return to Big East basketball message board