Xavier vs Florida State

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Xavier vs Florida State

Postby Omaha1 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:12 pm

Noles close on an 18-4 run. What a terrible day.
Nebraska by birth, Creighton by choice.
Omaha1

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Doge McDermott » Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:13 pm

Hall2012 wrote:1 of 6 teams to the sweet 16. Disastrous showing for the league.

To be fair, chalk only had 2 playing next weekend. But yes, Big East should have had more wins this weekend.

Also, as much as he drove me nuts, Macura had three non-fouls called on him. The block was clean, the steal was clean, and the charge was 50/50.
Doge McDermott

Postby Nildogg » Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:16 pm

Cant imagine how X fans feel, this was "the" year.
Nildogg

Postby mel ott » Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:20 pm

Wow, so many bad things. First, Macura got called for two fouls that were actually good D plays. However, I hate it when coaches "foul out" their own guys. Wasn't X up about 10 when they took Macura out w 4 fouls? Then the announcers are saying you can't bring him back until 4 min to go-why? You have effectively taken him out of the game w/o as if he did foul outl and X loses momentum and the lead in the next 6 minutes or so. Now he is back w 4-5 left. Blueitt turns if over twice at the end. this was crazy - also blew up my bracket since I had them in Final 4. Very disappointing for X fans and the Big East.
mel ott

Postby admin » Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:25 pm

I feel just awful for the seniors from Hall, Butler, and XU who ended their careers this weekend. Tremendous effort by all and one possession away in the closing seconds from advancing in every case.
admin
Site Admin

Postby stever20 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:26 pm

what was that final offensive possession for Xavier? That was not good in any fashion.
stever20

Postby anXUfan » Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:34 pm

*sigh*

Up to you, Nova.
anXUfan

Postby xu2002 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:20 pm

I was going to come on here with something angry to say, but as I walked up from my basement after the game I saw a fire truck and ambulance outside my house. They loaded my neighbor from across the street into the ambulance. That has a good way of being everything back into perspective. Next season will come. There will be more wins, losses and things that drive everyone crazy, but no one on this site can control the outcome. It’s up to a bunch of 18-22 year old kids giving their all.

Go Nova!
xu2002

Postby Jet915 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:21 pm

Gotta rely on Nova again to carry the Big East flag, sucks, horrible. Pac-12 and AAC fared worse but that isn't much consolation.
Jet915

Postby billyjack » Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:44 pm

I re-watched the last 6 minutes.

I can understand that XU fans don't want to blame the refs, so I'm going to do it.

Couple of things:

FSU was allowed to play Pitino defense for entire time... grab, reach in, bump the PG at every movement. Xavier guard literally hands ball to teammate, FSU is allowed to reach in and hack. This keeps the offense from running, delays movement, keeps FSU out of foul trouble, and FSU might as well keep doing it cuz they don't get whistled.

How could a team lose while being given that advantage? What was the play where the FSU guard as Goodin was taking the ball up at halfcourt, guy just hacked/ reached in, no whistle, ball rolled out of bounds, gave FSU the ball.

I only saw Macura's 5th foul. FSU guy slid over and it should've been a block. Easy foul, should have been 2 shots. I'm afraid to watch Macura's other fouls. Again, does everyone realize what an advantage that is? It's Croshere 1997 for PC. We're talking about a one possession game, and these series of calls absolutely cost the game... the FSU travel on the late layup was ignored... death by a thousand paper cuts.

Can anyone here, seriously, name *ONE* call that was 50-50 that went in the Big East's favor in any NCAA game so far this year? Not to mention t, no fuckin way any of us were allowed to play D like that in return.

And the announcers were dipshits. Lappas is the dumbest dimwit around, and will be part of my highly-anticipated announcers thread due out in early May. All of them must have been warned to not criticize the refs.

Anyway, sorry for Xavier. Shouldn't have ended like this. You got screwed.
Providence
billyjack

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board