Butler vs Purdue

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Butler vs Purdue

Postby Omaha1 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:24 pm

I had visions of Hayward at the end there. So close.
Nebraska by birth, Creighton by choice.
Omaha1

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby stever20 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:52 pm

Butler didn't have the fortune of going up against Kelvin Sampson- he wouldn't have covered the inbounder.
stever20

Postby FDS » Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:06 pm

Tough ending, but I am happy with the season overall! Next year will bring some question marks for this team, but I can handle a less eventful off season so long as the events involve butler getting recruits! Go Big East!!
FDS

Postby cu blujs » Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:48 pm

Congrats to Butler for putting up a heck of a fight. I thought you were going to get there. Just needed one more bounce to go your way.
cu blujs

Postby milksteak » Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:50 pm

FDS wrote:Tough ending, but I am happy with the season overall! Next year will bring some question marks for this team, but I can handle a less eventful off season so long as the events involve butler getting recruits! Go Big East!!

A flawed roster with a new coach that was picked 8th preseason almost made the Sweet Sixteen. Overall, a pretty successful season, but I really had trouble enjoying this team. Really inconsistent and played straight up BAD basketball at multiple times throughout the season.
"I am a penned-up, leashed dog right now, and I can't wait to get started for Butler University."
- Barry Collier, August 1, 2006
milksteak

Postby kmacker69 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:55 pm

Thanks HLOH for the support! Was a tough game to be at with all the the B1G fans there... (Mich St fans were sort of half rooting for us at the end, but quietly.) As represented above, being emotionally involved sometimes leads to overly critical review of their team. It was frustrating at times, but the other team unfortunately has a say in how your season ends... That last 3 was a killer by PU! :oops:
Lets go Dawgs!
kmacker69

Previous

Return to Big East basketball message board