Seton Hall Review

The home for Big East hoops

Seton Hall Review

Postby OmahaGuy » Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:06 am

I'll take a break from my doom and gloom takes on Creighton and I'll continue with the reviews.

OUT
*Khadeen Carrington
*Angel Delgado
*Ish Sanogo
*Desi Rodriguez

STAY
*Mike Nzei
*Myles Powell
*Myles Cale
*Sandro Mamukelashvili

IN
*Quincy McKnight (transfer from Sacred Heart)
*Taurean Thompson (transfer from Syracuse)
*Darnell Brodie
*Jared Rhoden
*Anthony Nelson

THOUGHTS
WOW! What a great run for this Seton Hall program. 3 straight tourney appearances and I'm glad they can get at least 1 tourney win. This class elevated the Pirates to national relevance and will be sorely missed. I liked what I saw out of the Myles' and I think this is a decent class coming in and I predict Thompson will be the best of them. Anthony Nelson should get time at the PG next season. But now comes the real question.....can Kevin Willard win without this senior class??
OmahaGuy

Seton Hall Review

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Seton Hall Review

Postby BEhomer » Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:33 am

I may be out of date but they also have freshman Jordan walker pg and Juco 7 footer Romaro Gill. I was impressed with Thompson a few times I watched him play with Cuse. he has a lot of skills on offense. should see a lot of min and plenty of shots with seniors leaving.

at the start of season, I felt like Walker was the key to postseason success. ball handler who can allow carrington to slide to his natural combo position. i think he'll be a key next season as well. if he can develop into a reliable pg there's enough talent still on this team to be competitive.
BEhomer

Postby Hall2012 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:13 am

I believe Mike Nzei is a maybe. He came in with the senior class but redshirted his freshman year, so he does have a year of eligibility left but he graduates this year. As behomer mentioned, they also have Romaro Gill joining and Jordan Walker returning. Eron Gordon returns also, who really stepped up in these tournament games to keep things together when Carrington had to sit with foul trouble.

This senior class will be sorely missed, but they changed the culture at Seton Hall and the program is in a much better place now than when they arrived. It's sad to see these guys go. They brought us 25% of the program's NCAA tournament appearances and a Big East Tournament champion. While every member of that class deserves recognition, the legacy of the whole group will live on in the #31 that needs to be raised the rafters of the Prudential Center next season.
Seton Hall Pirates
Big East Tournament Champions: 1991, 1993, 2016
Big East Regular Season Champions: 1992, 1993, 2020
Hall2012

Postby Hall2012 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:54 am

The main topics of discussion among Pirate fans right now seem to be whether or not the program should retire Angel Delgado's #31 and where to go if Kevin Willard leaves (since his name's now being floated as a candidate for the Pitt job). Any outsider thoughts on these?
Seton Hall Pirates
Big East Tournament Champions: 1991, 1993, 2016
Big East Regular Season Champions: 1992, 1993, 2020
Hall2012

Return to Big East basketball message board